US$479
US$159
US$116
US$110
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$126
US$122
US$129
US$95
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$140
US$134
Official Site
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$60
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$255
Priceline
US$341
US$325
1,603 results
All reviewsmuseum quartersmall luxury hotelprivate spanespresso machineoriginal artstudio roomeggs cooked to ordersauna and steam roombreakfast roomsmall balconybusy shopping streetperfect locationlovely hotelmain shoppingwithin walking distanceminute walkwalked everywhere
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Hotel was a fair value. It was in a good location for touring the city, using the subway and trams. The rooms were very clean and comfortable (but small, like most European hotels compared to American hotels). Bathroom was small, but modern and clean. Breakfast selection was extensive and very tasty. Waitress staff was friendly, but front desk staff varied in friendliness and helpfullness.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I tried to reserve a suite at Das Tyrol using their website for a stay at the end of the year. When I was finalizing the reservation process and entering my credit card information, there was a website error which took me back to the original booking screen. I went back through the process of entering my credit card information, and thought I had a booking!

Oops. When the hotel webpage goes back to its homepage, it resets the reservation date to THE PRESENT DAY, and if you're not eagle-eyed (which I was not) you end up with a reservation for that very day, rather than in the future! I only noticed this when I received a bill for my no-show at the hotel.

I tried to call the hotel to tell them about my mistake, and to make a reservation for four nights in their suite over the telephone. The person on the phone was very nice, understood my mistake, and told me that they would speak to the hotel management about whether my upcoming reservation could be discounted by the amount I had already paid. However, a few days later they emailed me to tell me that this was impossible.

The hotel is of course legally within its rights to do this. The mistake was mine, although I feel that the website was a little bit tricky to negotiate in that the default date setting makes it very easy to make a reservation for the night of the day you happen to be looking at the site.

However, this was an honest mistake, and I had made a reservation to stay in a suite for four nights a few months later. It would have been nice for the hotel management to be understanding of this mistake and to offer me some kind of discount on my stay, rather than basically telling me "too bad about the 160 euro you spent because of your mistake, but we would welcome you to stay here in the future."

Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation and won't be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Otus
Ines_Weissensteiner, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Das Tyrol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Otus,

first of all thank you for your feedback.
As by you explained you booked online on our homepage. As every hotelbooking is a "contract" it is the legal demand, that at the end of every booking process, a guests receives a written confirmation with all details on it, thus also the arrival and departure date. Of course all guests agree to the clearly stated general conditions before a confirmation.
Discovering your error, the cancellation would have been possible the same day without any charges because we would have sold the room again to another guest easily.
As our hotel were fully booked and hotels have to keep booked rooms until next day 7am, we really had a loss out of this no show booking.

We also would like to clearly state, that our web-booking-engine (bookassist) is very clear and easy to handle in all stages of the booking process. We need to refuse against the allegation of providing a tricky online booking!

We hope that we could explain our situation and thank you again for your sincere feedback.

The Hotel Management

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I had a five-night stay at the Tyrol in October and loved it. First, the location was great for me. The hotel is just off Mariahilfer Strasse in the Museums Quartier. This turned out to be a great spot for setting out to explore Vienna. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was wonderful. Good size, spotless, and tastefully done. My single had two twins side by side which was nice. The bathroom was so clean you could perform open-heart surgery in it. The breakfast was just fine. Curiously, the web site talks about "champagne" for breakfast. Indeed, there was a bottle of Prosecco next to the fruit juices but I suspect no one really wanted to pop the cap. The owners of this hotel have obviously put a lot of thought into every aspect of the place. I would recommend it to anyone except, perhaps, to a disabled person--tiny lift and no wheel chair access that I could see.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TorontoBobby
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here for three nights. It was the longest stop on our whirlwind European vacation and we were absolutely thrilled with the spacious, cheerful and comfortable room that awaited us. The champagne breakfast each morning was superb, as was the service. The hotel is located in the museum district and it's about a ten minute walk to the Opera.

The only mishap was that the front desk directed to the wrong train station upon our departure. Just a quick reminder to anyone traveling by train, there are several train stations in Vienna, so be sure to identify the correct station name before you depart for your trip.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravlBugg
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This was my third visit to the Das Tyrol, which is conveniently located in the museums area of Vienna. It's a small hotel with very comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms (flatscreen TV, high-speed complimentary wifi, wide beds with duvets, non-smoking and quiet side street options, original art in the room and public areas), an excellent inclusive breakfast buffet with a wide choice, and helpful friendly staff. The spa/wellness facility was closed for renovation during my stay, but the room had a complimentary bottle of wine to 'compensate' for this, which was thoughtful and rather stylish! No wonder this small but very warm and hospitable establishment continues to rank high among all travellers to Vienna.

Room Tip: Non-smoking side street option is excellent
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business