All reviews great location westbahnhof station the wi fi recommend this hotel small hotel spacious room city centre printer
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Arthotel ANA Westbahn rooms are clean and comfortable. Near by the main shopping street mariahilfer straße. Also near by the Schönbrunn Palace. We absolutely recommend this place. Customer service was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I recently stayed at the hotel for a badminton tournament nearby. The only benefit of this hotel was that it was in a good location for this. Upon arrival we were in a triple room which was just a double (so very confined) with a sofa bed which collapsed therefore meaning one of our party had to walk and go and stay at another hotel- at 12:30am!

One day there was no hot water until 4pm in the afternoon! This was coupled with many other problems such as leaking sinks, broken blinds and cleaners forgetting to do the rooms.

I would like to say that apart from these problems our stay was good, however this would be a lie. The beds were hard and uncomfortable, the rooms were also extremely warm, breakfast was very average and the lift was very old. I would be hesitant to give this hotel 1 star let alone 4!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Edoardo A, Front Office Manager at Arthotel ANA Westbahn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Mr. Greg M,

thank You for Your review.

I still remember the problems You had with the sofa bed - though still can't understand how You managed to make it collapse.
We did pay the other hotel room for the inconvenience (it was around 10:30 pm), but on the following day I personally managed to "repair" the sofa bed - You had lifted and pushed the headpiece back to the sofa-configuration, I only had to slide it back up...
To this day, none of our sofa beds have been broken, not even a bit. We had to offer the third member of Your party another room 'cause You didn't have the patience to let us simply walk into the room and adjust the headpiece into the bed-configuration.

The water problem was solved in half an hour by the maintenance staff - we had just renovated, the plants were brand new and couldn't manage such a high demand of hot water all at once (the whole hotel had been reserved for the Badminton Federation).
Hot water had to be discontinued for about half an hour around midday - by 4 pm, the water system had been alive and pumping for 3 good hours already.
We did apologize for the disturbance but also tempestively solved the problem.

Regarding the rest of the problems You highlighted, I really have no idea what You're talking about. The beds are the same that about 1 to 2 thousand guests a month are not complaining about, the lift is small but works more than properly, our breakfast is often highlighted as one of our strong points, the heating can be regulated in every single room with special valves - it can even be completely shut down - whereas any damaged sinks, blinds or anything else had been just installed anew during the renovation and we did properly charge the association for the repairs.

I would like to remark that not all guests participating in the tournament were so unhappy with our service - some of them were actually really satisfied and had a wonderful time, story confirmed this year when I welcomed not few of them who decided to book privately in our hotel and not in other establishments through the association.

Regards,
Edoardo Accornero, RM

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very near to Westbahnhof which is convenient. However the rooms are pretty small and not very modern. The bed is not comfortable and it didn't feel cosy. So if you need a room and you don't plan to stay too long there it's okay.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2016

One of the main reason I can recommend this hotel is its proximity to train station. As I usually travel within Austria, it is very convenient to have a place near the train station. I booked budget room and it was all I expected. Clean, cozy, but nothing more. The hotel itself is in outdated building, and one can say that the hotel needs update.

If hotel drops prices a bit, it would be more attractive for budget travelers. At the moment, their prices are much higher than they should have.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank merab87
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

The only good thing about hotel is location, the rest is worse than you can imagine: poor breakfast, ugly rooms, not the same as you can see on the pictures in hotel web site. The pictures of our first room, that they give us you can see attached.
This was standard 2-bed room: there is a wall and roof just in front of the window and water pipe, when somebody use water the noise of it filles the room, plus broken sofa and bad smell. After complaining about conditions, they changed the room into economy 2-bed room, which was small, but in better conditions. I, with the help of my tour operator, tried to have refund the difference of standard and economy room, but it didn't worked. And I didn't want to waste my time with not that good personel.
Breakfast was poor, extremely poor.
Location is perfect - just 2 minutes walk to metro and bus (airport line) station and 6 minutes walk to Mariahilferstrase.

Date of stay: September 2016