“Very good food”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Serviten Quarter
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We visited the cafe while on the way to Belverdere Palace. The food is excellent and the home made lemonade delicious.
The prices are norm are normal for Vienna.
The service is good and the location very good with a view of the cathedral Votiv.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is situated close to the hotel de France and is a quaint cafe. Ate here for lunch and as some reviews state, service is slow and if I could give a 3.5 I would. I ate the quiche Lorraine and had french onion soup. I will state that the quiche was fluffy and perfectly prepared . The French onion soup was really just average - onions were not cooked all the way and gave me an upset stomach. My husband ate a burger that came with truffle fries and he seemed quite pleased. My daughter had the mezze plate and it was probably average as well. We did order a crepe and I will say it did not disappoint- all in all, would rate a 3.5 for Vienna restaurants .

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I am a regular at the Cafe Francais, I go for the food not the service- living in Vienna you learn to keep your expectations low when it comes to service. This time, however, I was majorly disappointed with the food as well. I ordered a 'Tabouleh and Falafel' from the menu, and was served a cous cous salad and falafel instead. The wait staff acknowledged it was not authentic tabouleh but shrugged and put the blame on the kitchen. When i suggested renaming the item on the menu, they said they would communicate the recommendation to the kitchen. How about the management? Because ultimately you are insulting your customers intelligence by selling an item on the menu that is actually completely something else. And how about some sauce or a dip to go with the falafel? If you are offering North African dishes, could you at least do them justice? God knows the French were there long enough. Didn't get an apology and got charged for a teeny bowl of chive dip as well. Smh

Reviewed 26 June 2018

A little bit of France in Vienna. Excellent quiche but also meat. They also serve breakfast. Good for a light lunch or similar. Friendly staff.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

After flying into vienna earlier in the day we decided to take a short evening stroll from the hotel and opted to eat at the french cafe. Initially things were very good, we had an outside table overlooking the church opposite and the waiter provided us with an English menu. We choose the mezze for starter which I have to say was very good as was my pint of Czech beer, my misses commented that the wine was excellent. Sadly it went down hill from there, after a lengthy wait we complained that we had yet to receive our main course whilst others (several tables) who had arrived after us were served before us. The waiter admitted without apology that our order had been forgotten. Upon arrival the waiter did not speak placing our dishes on the table before walking away. My misses had ordered the goats cheese quiche which was burnt and I mean blackened (not like other photos). Again we complained and asked for the bill, still no apology from the waiter who admitted the quiche was 'overcooked'. The price of the main courses were taken from the bill and we left hungry.

Date of visit: June 2018