Palais Hansen Kempinski
Hilton Vienna(Vienna)
US$276
US$232
  • Room Service
Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
US$163
US$155
1,299 results
All reviewsgrand deluxe roomelectronic controlscigar loungebath and showerbeautiful hotelwater temperatureroom serviceturn down serviceconcierge servicenespresso machinelobby arearing roadwould highly recommend this hotelbreakfast buffet isrooms are spacioushigh ceilingscity centre
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a 3 night stay for our "mini-moon", having got married the previous week. We booked through expedia and got a good deal - although still more than we would normally pay but as it was our honeymoon we thought we would treat ourselves. After booking I received an email from the hotel asking if there was anything they could assist with or any special requests. I replied informing them it was our honeymoon and that I was slightly obsessed with Christmas so any festive touches would be appreciated, e.g. a poinsettia or something like that. I was told they would pass this on to the "Lady in Red". Two days before we due to arrive I received an email from the Lady in Red advising me that for €200 euros they could put a tree in the room or for €24 a Christmas plant/flower. I politely declined and was then told that there would be sweets on arrival and they were planning a special turn down service for our first night.

When we arrived we were given a warm welcome by all the staff, followed by a warm cup of Christmas punch. We were then directed to our room. First impressions were good, the hotel looks amazing and the rooms are spacious and luxurious. Unfortunately there was nothing our room to signify Christmas or our honeymoon. We waited about 30 mins for our luggage and then I rang the concierge who said it would be 5 minutes - it was probably another 20 minutes. In the mean time we received a bottle of Moet and a card from the Lady in Red - a very nice touch. When we went out and came back in the evening, the room had been turned down and a display left on the bed - another nice touch. I really did enjoy my stay here as the room and bathroom were huge but the prices were just silly. Mini bar prices are listed on iPad and were just over the top - €54 for a 37.5cl bottle of Moet, €39 for a 37.5cl bottle of wine, even a packet of crisps €4.50. Water was not even complimentary until the evening when the maid brought it with the turn down service!

We didn't eat at the hotel, we did have hot chocolate one evening, in the lobby bar, and service was not great. The waiter was abrupt and left us waiting for quite a while. Other than that everyone else was happy and polite.

Taxi to and from the airport cost us around €45. The hotel is centrally located, we walked everywhere we went, although tram and bus stops are near by.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here, due to the luxurious feeling and sheer size of the room. However, I wouldn't stay again. For the price you expect the "extras" to be included and impeccable service.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Gerhard M, General Manager at Palais Hansen Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Ms Rachel,
thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor.com.
Only through your feedback and by informing us about the inconveniences you experienced we get the great opportunity to improve our service level even further which we highly appreciate.

I was very sorry to hear that you faced difficulties with the service when visiting the Lobby bar and lounge on one of the evenings. Rest assured that I will review and discuss with the team in order to ensure no re-occurrence of the same.
I have noted your comments on the minibar pricing and will consider when we adjust the selection in the coming month.

Beside the inconvenience at the lobby you experienced, and it goes without saying which should never have happened, I am pleased to read that you have in overall enjoyed your stay, in particular your room with us.

Dear Ms. Rachel, thank you again for your feedback. We would appreciate to welcome you back at the Palais Hansen Kempinski when visiting Vienna next.

With kind regards

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The staff provided a friendly and excellent service at every level. The Palais Hensen is luxurious but the atmosphere is relaxed and you are made to feel at home. The food was excellent and we loved the apple strudel trolley on the Sunday afternoon!
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. We didn't want to go home.

Room Tip: The junior suites are spacious and very comfortable.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve4R,
thank you for taking your time to review your stay on Tripadvisor.com.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and did not want to go home.
We are looking forward welcoming you back soon again.
Best regards from Vienna
Gerhard Mitrovits, General Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Possibly one of the nicest I’ve ever stayed in.
The rooms were large, spotlessly clean, and very well equipped - the bathroom was spectacular.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the concierge staff who provided us with great advice on local bars and restaurants.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Gerhard M, General Manager at Palais Hansen Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Garrys167,
many thanks for your very kind words on Tripadvisor. I am absolut delighted to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and looking forward welcoming you back soon again.
Seasons Greetings from the Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Stayed for three nights at this superb hotel. Check in is effortless, staff faultless, the lounge area spacious and airy. We were in room 3011 large and airy again with plenty of storage and mini bar with no prices so watch out. There is an I pad with all the info about the hotel on it, including the mini bar prices..... expensive. The bathroom has bath and shower controlled by electronic buttons, we couldn’t raise the water temp above 38deg in the bath but the shower worked perfectly. Beware of a small ramped step between the bath area and the shower. Die Kuche restaurant does great breakfast. We had dinner in the edvard one evening. Great time!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Gerry V,
thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am happy to read that you have in overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your comments on the minibar and bathroom / shower controls.
As you mentioned, the entire Inroom Dining Menu offering and Minibar prices are listed on the Ipad. We are reviewing our offering quite frequently, considering seasonality of menu items, hence the pricing is listed electronically.

Mr Gerry, receiving your feedback, we have immediatly sent a technician to the room in order to review and rectify all relevant bathroom controls.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcoming you back on the next occasion visiting Vienna.

With best regards from the Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna,

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent room, very clean, extensive and well cooked breakfast. Very close to all the attractions. An easy walk to the city centre. Comfortable bed and very quiet no issues with hearing other people outside the room.

Room Tip: Despite being close to the lift our room was very quiet. Information is on the iPad.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Gerhard M, General Manager at Palais Hansen Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Tuckers20172017,
thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor.com. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us, in particular the rooms, breakfast and the hotel location.
We are looking forward welcoming you back when visiting Vienna next.
With best regards from the Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna