“Not good Greek food”

Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Hernals District
Neighbourhood: Hernals District
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Last time I had eaten Greek food was in Athens, so my review may be strict. The hummus lacked garlic (and taste), the fried fish was greasy, and the rest was barely ok. Would not return.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 12 November 2016

My friend and I stopped for drinks and snacks after a concert in the neighbourhood. Service was very friendly, which made me overlook the downright ugly interior decoration "scheme". Definitely not a place I would pick for ambience or romantic potential to take someone out on a date, but it felt authentic and warm nonetheless. I only had tea, but my friend had the aubergine and feta dip that came with a generous bread basket and tasted better than it looked. Prices were pretty moderate, too.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We tried this restaurant one evening as it was just around the corner from our hotel (The KK Vienna), but it turned out to be an expensive disappointment.
The staff were very cheerful and friendly though we did feel a little rushed during our visit. I and another member of our group decided to share the mixed fish platter but when it arrived it looked a little disappointing as there seemed to be a larger than normal amount of deep fried brown items on the plate, most of which looked like they had probably just been taken from the freezer. Our main fish on the platter was a Black Bream which we have had and enjoyed many time before, however this time it was over cooked and very dry. You do not expect these prices in a restaurant like this which is located in the side street of a residential area where the view is of a car showroom.
Sadly my recommendation for this restaurant has to be avoided.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 22 October 2015

Visited on September 2015.
Nice traditional Greek food.
Very polite staff,always smiling, nice food with great variety of Greek dishes.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 2 May 2015

I visited the gonzagagasse premises. The food was fine, the service was fine but at the end of our meal the waitress refused to accept my payment card, saying that the card machine was "kaput". However the entrance door showed the logos of all the credit cards accepted. This left a bad taste in my mouth.

Date of visit: April 2015