“Delicious meal”

Cuisines: Armenian, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

We tried to use an online booking system for this and other restaurants which failed despite confirming our reservations.
A very nice waiter managed to find us a table in this busy restaurant and provided good advice so we didn't order too much for a starter.
We enjoyed the cheese filled bread, the Georgian salad and stuffed carrots followed by dumplings for me and a chicken dish for my daughter. We should have shared a dessert but we managed to finish them nevertheless.
The restaurant was easy to find from Schwedenplatz metro station.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Good food and nice atmosphere. The menu is extremely original so good place to visit if you want to try something different. Outdoor seating in the summer.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Cafe Ansari has a nice ambiance and friendly and attentive service. The food was the absolute highlight - fresh and light. We had two soups - red lentil and asparagus, Tabuleh and Waldorf salad (called something else). Everything was absolutely delicious, the portion sizes were just right.
The coffee was not-so-great - both the crema on my espresso and the foam of my wife's macchiato had started to disintegrate. The espresso had strong sour note, which is not a sign of bad coffee per se but not really the right roast for espresso in my view.
Bottom line, I would recommend cafe Ansari for the nice ambiance and service and great food and hope that my slight disappointment with the coffee was a fluke.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Had a great evening, my second visit, good menu, not extensive but something for everyone. A good variety and service was great, good atmosphere and a great place to eat with friends, good value, wonderful! Will go again!

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I went with quite a large group of friends for lunch . We were sitting at two tables as they could not accomodate us all. One person on the other table placed her order with the others and had to ask several times for her food. It eventually came when everyone else had finished eating . On our table 3 of us had to send the daily special back as it was chicken which was very undercooked , and I mean undercooked . We each had 3 chicken joints and my breast joint had a bloody bone and the flesh surrounding it was raw. The other two joints were better but slightly so. The others checked their food and found a similar problem. We sent the food back and after about half an hour it was returned to us. This time though we only had 2 joints each and one of mine was half eaten and one was still undercooked. I complained again and was told we had only had 2 joints each and the half eaten one was mine anyway. I refused to eat any more and was, to be fair , not charged for it.