“Excellent location and service”
Review of Pension Sacher

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vienna
Pension Sacher
Ranked #9 of 208 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
california
“Excellent location and service”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My Husband and I spent 4 wonderful nights in Vienna and were very happy with our choice to stay at Pension Sacher. We had a wonderful view and spacious room with kitchen in a perfect location. The service was outstanding! We were greeted warmly despite our late arrival. We did not have a clothes washer in our room, but the staff offered to do our laundry and hung everything nicely to dry. We saw two of the larger rooms and they were absolutely incredible - full dining table, floor to ceiling windows and clean as can be. A family was spending several months in one. A perfect place in a magnificent city!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fitone13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was my first time staying in an apartment and it was perfect. I flew in from a busy week in Istanbul and all I wanted to do when she gave me the key was check out the view, wash my clothes, shower, and take a nap. This place didn't disappoint me in any of those immediate needs. My view was incredible, my clothes squeaky clean and smelled great from the washer in my bathroom, the shower was clean and hot, and that bed was really comfortable.

I was in Apartment 5 and the price was great for the location, the security, and the amenities. There is a Bank of Austria and a gift shop right below in case you just want to grab a few items or some cash. Pension Sacher is in Stephansplatz and the underground station is right in front of the building, which will take or connect you to anywhere. There is shopping all around with lots stores and restaurants.

If you don't want to go out, there are two bakeries with sandwiches, cheeses, drinks and such right inside the underground station and a grocery down the street (I think it's a 5 to 10 min walk). My apartment had a stove, fridge, coffee machine (no coffee or tea), and toaster. The kitchen has all kinds of plates, glasses and things I would never remember to put in a kitchen. Very convienent.

I had a lot of closet space. I think there were four huge closets. There was plenty of room in the whole place and it was nice to sit at the little kitchen table and watch the people below. I'm not one to rate beds (I can sleep soundly anywhere on anything) but it was really difficult for me to get out the bed in the morning. That bed was so comfy!

All in all, I would definitely come back to Pension Sacher. It has all the nice touches of a home that you miss when you stay in a hotel. I even had two doorbells! Plus, the bonus was the very friendly mother and son that run the place. They made sure you were always happy. Great place!

Room Tip: I asked them specifically for a room with a great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Theodora8
Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Outstanding! The staff went out of their way to be helpful, nothing was too much trouble and the apartment was huge for one person by Europe standards! (small kitchen with a hotplate but no oven or microwave, bathroom and large room for double bed and desk as well as hallway). Lots of wardrobe space, a washing machine, a cd player, tv with international channels and a clothes rack for your washing (first time in 6 weeks of staying in places in Europe) Beautifully decorated in old Vienna style (lots of lace) and the taxi driver they sent was very reliable and nice. It was in a fantastic location over looking Staphenplatz and so was convenient to the sites, and the metro. And with the window closed, I never found it too noisy (and at night it was fairly quiet even with the window open). I cannot recommend this place enough. Great value for Vienna! I will be back! (Didn't want to tell people about it because it was so good...)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank OzzieHolliday
Cincinnati
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Pension Sacher, and it was just perfect for us! We had just left the river cruise ship, and we needed to check in early because we had a tour pick-up at the hotel at 9:00 AM. Frau Sacher was so gracious when I asked her about it by email several days before our arrival. When we arrived at the hotel at 8:30, she and her son met us; her son even came downstairs and helped us carry our luggage.

The "hotel" is actually a group of rental apartments on the eighth floor of a building in St. Sephansplatz. We had toured the area the day before with the group off of the ship, so we were able to find out the exact location of the building. This took us a while to do, and if we had waited until the next morning, with luggage, it would have been very difficult. The building is catty-corner from St. Stephen Cathedral, and there is a nameplate on the building wall next to the door that enters that area of the building.

Frau Sacher met us upstairs and she and her son showed us to a wonderful apartment (#8, I think) which was a corner unit. There was a kitchen with large refrigerator, a very large living room and bedroom. Windows in the living room and bedroom looked out over St. Stephen's church. Two windows in our bedroom also looked out over the square, which was lovely to see in the morning and at night; it was fun to see the activity in the square.

We were able to walk everywhere. Frau Sacher and her son gave us great advice and directions; for instance, our tour dropped us that day at Karlsplatz, and they explained to us how we could easily walk back to the hotel. The walk took us past lots of lovely shops and restaurants.

The underground metro was across the square, and Frau Sacher explained to us how we could find the elevator to take us down to the train when we were leaving Vienna. In general, she and her son gave us an abundance of information about Vienna.

Our second night there, we walked around the corner to the Mozart House for an intimate concert of Mozart music. It was not "high-brow" at all; it was simply lovely. We discovered that it was Mozart's favorite place to play his music.

Location, location, location! That, plus the fact that our apartment was comfortable and complete, and the fact that the owner was so gracious, makes Pension Sacher the best choice in Vienna, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner apartment, directly across from St. Stephen's Cathedral.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CincySuz
Killinchy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I booked this place based on the reviews on here and was not disappointed. It is literally the perfect location in Vienna, right in St. Stephansplatz with 2 metro line entrances across the square and another 5 mins walk away. I had appartment 1 which had everything you could want including a hairdryer, safety deposit box and washing machine (if you ask they have detergent for it, so you don't need to buy any). The wi-fi worked well, the kitchen was well equipt and the water was always warm no matter when I showered. It was very clean and Claudia and her son were always very sweet and helpful. There was a grocery store 5 mins away (past the cathedral and a couple of doors up from McDonalds). The only thing is that you need to book well in advance, I booked a year in advance! My friend just tried to book for April and they were booked up. I absolutely loved this place, I wish I could have just stayed there!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business