“Not a geat place on a hot night!”
Review of Hotel Post

Hotel Post
Ranked #163 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I rented a room at the Wein Post for two nights based mostly on the reviews. The hotel is nice enough, I liked the traditional feel of the place with older rooms and elevators. My room was very small, but adequate with a nice shower and bathroom. My biggest complaint? NO AC! On several hot nights, there was only a small fan for cooling. The desk clerk told me to take a cold shower! I admit I might need a cold shower now and then, but it's a poor substitute for actual air conditioning. On the bright side..... the breakfast bar is just great. Lots of variety, good eggs and bacon, breads and lots of other stuff. Would I stay there again? No probably not. Not really a good value for the price paid for the room. There are better deals in the city.

Room Tip: Some rooms have shared bathrooms. ASK about it before you book.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
fraihs, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Weffley?

Thank you very much for your comments. Sorry because of AC, but there is no website
we advertise having an AC?
Certainly we know that it's getting warmer and warmer, so for our renovations in Winter is is one of the points that will be done.

We would be glad welcoming you again one day.
rgds

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

No thrills, no extra cost. Good location for stephansplatz, very close to schwedenplatz metro station. Close to several places to eat and very close to a spar. Also has its own restaurant. I didn't use it for dinner but for breakfast it had the classic buffet style which was absolutely fine. Attentive staff and everything ran smoothly within. Reception staff etc were absolutely fine and polite. Room was clean and had the basics to be comfortable. One thing I would point out is (maybe it was just my room) but there was no AC so it was difficult to cool the room down. Also, my laptop tripped the electricity, not sure if it's just mine...but I've used mine all over Vienna. Not sure if it's the building or what; but that was a bit of a blip for me. Having said that, staff did everything they could and hotel provided all they said they would. Perfect for travellers who don't need the thrills

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
fraihs, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear David,

thanks for you comments, and sorry because of the electricity, but we never had a similar problem because of a laptop only?
As I couldn't find any comments in our supports, could you please let me know the room number, that we can check?

thanks and best regards

Reviewed 26 April 2017

The hotel is within a walkable distance from all main interest places (100m away from Scwedenplatz).
The staff is friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is good, but it is basic and always the same, so after three days you start thinking about going to a bakery.
The bedrooms are clean and big, but if you don't have a bathroom inside your room you will end up walking up to 50 meters for taking a shower.
This hotel is not what I may call "cheap".

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with private bathroom. If you don't, there is only one shower per floor for mor...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2017

One week! I did not receive any official apology from the hotel !!
I booked an en-suite twin room for 9 days, and I have already paid full price before I went there. However, I did not receive respect and I felt a little discrimination!!

It was 13 April, while I was taking shower in my bathroom, the cleaner came into the bathroom without any permission. After she opened the door and saw me, she should close the door because I was naked in the bathroom, but she did not. She went to the bathroom directly! Actually, at that time, my friend was in my bedroom, she did not ask for the permission as well.

Since I had a meeting 15 mins later I cannot spend a long time to complain this thing. I went to the reception and told the staff that I shall need an official apology after I come back to the hotel.

After I came back, the reception staff told me that the cleaner JUST lost something inside of my bathroom. He believes this is a normal thing because everyone could forget them belonging. While, at the same time, he told me that I should put the quiet label on the door. He admitted that the cleaner should knock the door, but she did not.

I CANNOT accept this excuse because of three reasons!

Firstly, she should knock on my door, both the bedroom and especially when she entered the bathroom she should have at least asked the permission of my friend who was in the bedroom.

Secondly, after she saw me, she should have left immediately and let me finish.

Thirdly, the quiet label is irrelevant. I cannot predict she would be back after she cleaned my bedroom. As well as, this is a room that I have paid for!!. Although I did not put the label, she should knock the door and asked for permission before entering a room while a guest is inside.

After this event happened, I sent a complaint e-mail and asked them to give me an official apology. However, till now I did not receive ant reply! I felt they did not take my situation in serious!

I WILL NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL AGAIN BECAUSE I REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY RIGHT OF PRIVACY AND I DID NOT RECEIVE A POLITE TREATMENT IN THIS CASE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
fraihs, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Well as much as I remeber we met together in the hall and I apologized because of that. Also the facility manager talked personally to you because of that.

So I ones again only can say sorry.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Rooms excellent. Food was really great, and all staff were brilliant. Location is superb, in the old quarter of the city.
I would certainly recommend a stay here.
Within an easy walk of the city, which has so many attractions.

Room Tip: Go for the superior rooms. Very spacious, and a great big bed !
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple