“Good location. A little bit old.”
Review of Hotel Post

Hotel Post
Ranked #164 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 26 April 2017

The hotel is within a walkable distance from all main interest places (100m away from Scwedenplatz).
The staff is friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is good, but it is basic and always the same, so after three days you start thinking about going to a bakery.
The bedrooms are clean and big, but if you don't have a bathroom inside your room you will end up walking up to 50 meters for taking a shower.
This hotel is not what I may call "cheap".

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with private bathroom. If you don't, there is only one shower per floor for mor...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 April 2017

One week! I did not receive any official apology from the hotel !!
I booked an en-suite twin room for 9 days, and I have already paid full price before I went there. However, I did not receive respect and I felt a little discrimination!!

It was 13 April, while I was taking shower in my bathroom, the cleaner came into the bathroom without any permission. After she opened the door and saw me, she should close the door because I was naked in the bathroom, but she did not. She went to the bathroom directly! Actually, at that time, my friend was in my bedroom, she did not ask for the permission as well.

Since I had a meeting 15 mins later I cannot spend a long time to complain this thing. I went to the reception and told the staff that I shall need an official apology after I come back to the hotel.

After I came back, the reception staff told me that the cleaner JUST lost something inside of my bathroom. He believes this is a normal thing because everyone could forget them belonging. While, at the same time, he told me that I should put the quiet label on the door. He admitted that the cleaner should knock the door, but she did not.

I CANNOT accept this excuse because of three reasons!

Firstly, she should knock on my door, both the bedroom and especially when she entered the bathroom she should have at least asked the permission of my friend who was in the bedroom.

Secondly, after she saw me, she should have left immediately and let me finish.

Thirdly, the quiet label is irrelevant. I cannot predict she would be back after she cleaned my bedroom. As well as, this is a room that I have paid for!!. Although I did not put the label, she should knock the door and asked for permission before entering a room while a guest is inside.

After this event happened, I sent a complaint e-mail and asked them to give me an official apology. However, till now I did not receive ant reply! I felt they did not take my situation in serious!

I WILL NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL AGAIN BECAUSE I REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY RIGHT OF PRIVACY AND I DID NOT RECEIVE A POLITE TREATMENT IN THIS CASE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
fraihs, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Well as much as I remeber we met together in the hall and I apologized because of that. Also the facility manager talked personally to you because of that.

So I ones again only can say sorry.

Best regards
Peter Fraihs

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Rooms excellent. Food was really great, and all staff were brilliant. Location is superb, in the old quarter of the city.
I would certainly recommend a stay here.
Within an easy walk of the city, which has so many attractions.

Room Tip: Go for the superior rooms. Very spacious, and a great big bed !
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This hotel could be fabulous. Marvellous location, quiet street, near the Ubahn and St Stefan's Platz, wide corridors and huge rooms. Absolutely immaculate bathrooms. Service was adequate, breakfast fairly average in pleasant room which wasn't quite big enough at peak times. Someone cooking eggs would have been a big help as the scrambled eggs were awful.
We paid extra for a superior room, but when we arrived we found we were overlooked by the building next door, couldn't even see what the weather was like.There was no fridge, no tea or coffee making facilities, nowhere to hang more than one towel, no hand rail on the very deep bath/shower, and no bidet as in the pictures. We could open the window, but in the slightest breeze it rattled all night. There is heating but no air con. There was only one upright chair. These are mostly small touches which would make all the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the front. It is a quiet street.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jadefish
fraihs, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Jadefish,

thank you very much for your positive comments.

Because of the scrambled eggs I'm very sorry to read that, and we will change that immediately.

We do have different business rooms, some with Shower, some with bathtube, and some also having a bidet. As the building is around 110 years old, all rooms are a bit different, but it would've been any problem going to the reception and change the room if possible?
Because of the view I'm sorry but we are in the very Inner City so haveing a view means booking a suite in 5 star hotel, and as we are 3 star we offer 3 star facilities.

Ceratinly we invest ervery year, so when you visit us in 2018 there will be aircondition in most of the rooms but also this time, aksing for a second chair at the reception wouldn't any problem at all.

Hopefully you will come to Vienna again, then please try again and enjoy the changes we made until then.

best regards
Peter Fraihs
Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Booked this hotel initially through booking.com and thought we had bathroom facilities bug when printed off page before travelling discovered we had to shard facilities with a whole floor. Tried to change before we left but to no avail. On arrival the manager was so helpful we changed to private facilities for two of our nights on our stay. Apart from this problem the hotel is brilliantly situated for restaurants, bars and all transport the underground, trams and hop on hop off buses. Really great breakfast buffet with both hot & cold food available. So aperture from the initial problem with the booking would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you request private facilities
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple