US$131
US$159
US$122
US$110
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Renaissance Wien Hotel(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$60
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$119
US$97
Official Site
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

US$224
US$326
US$362
US$284
1,593 results
All reviewsprivilege roomnice hotelmuseum quarterquiet streetside streetwalking distancechristmas markethotel is locatedstandard roomunderground stationlocation is excellentminute walku bahninternet connectionair conditioningan upgradecity centre
Reviewed 10 December 2017

From the reception colleague (Phillip) who checked us in to the staff at breakfast, everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. We stayed in a M Privilege room which was in a quiet wing of the hotel. Lovely room with an excellent, comfy bed and a huge walk-in shower. Room was warm but the windows did open. UBahn station close by and hotel especially handy for the large Xmas market on Rathaus Platz. All in all, an excellent hotel in an ideal location. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: December 2017
MercureJosefshof, Manager at Hotel Josefshof am Rathaus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Reviewed 9 December 2017

This is a very nice hotel, with staff mostly welcoming and helpful. We had a superior double room, and the space was ample - perfect for relaxing in after a day out in the cold! It was nice and warm throughout the hotel, including the room, we never needed to actually turn on the heating in our room. The bathroom was excellent: large comfortable bath and very powerful shower, no shortage of hot water. Amenities are limited however: the generic body/hair shampoo fixed to the wall by the sink and the shower, a small tube of ineffectual body lotion, and a small hairdryer. The hairdryer is of the type where you have to hold down the on-button to keep it working, which I find irritating, but seem to be common in hotels nowadays. If you have difficulties with your hands (e.g. arthritis) you're better off bringing your own. For the most part the room was quiet, although a building was being demolished nearby which we could hear, but that can't be helped. However, presumably there will soon be a building site there, so maybe try to request a room at the back? (we were at the front) although I don't know how much the sound will carry.

The location is great: 5 minutes from the Rathaus and it's large Christmas market (which is pretty touristy to be honest, but worth a look as it is very large, and has lots of food stands so a good place to get dinner that's cheaper than a restaurant). It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the Museum Quarter, which we really enjoyed, and has a much better Christmas market spread out over several streets. Also about 10 minutes walk is the Natural History Museum, which is definitely worth a look, and had our favourite Christmas market - smaller, but less touristy (so less busy!) and with a lovely atmosphere. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the city centre with the Hofburg Palace, St. Stephen's Cathedral, etc. So you can get to most places just walking. The Schronbrunn Palace is further out, but you can easily take the metro from the Rathaus station, it only took us 30 minutes to get there, and definitely worth the journey.

Round the corner is a very nice cafe, cafe Eiles, where we went twice, and just round the block is Coffee & Friends which I highly recommend if you're a coffee fan. I went there every morning for my espresso, and each time it was excellent, with friendly (English speaking!) staff.

Also nearby is a small grocery store, and a slightly larger Spar if you want to buy food/drink to have in your room.

All in all we were very happy with both the hotel and it's location. My only criticism really is that there weren't any coffee/tea making facilities in the room. We were told on check-out that we could have asked for them to be brought to our room. It would have been helpful if we had been told this at check-in, or if there had been some information in the room telling you that you could request it. But otherwise, very good.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurelin_23

Dear laurelin,
thank for taking the tim to write your impressions. We are happy, that you had a nice tay.
Best Regards
Elisabeth Neubauer

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We stayed at the Mercure Josefshof for two nights in order to see the Christmas markets and a few sights in Vienna. The hotel is very close to the metro, and you need to change lines just once if you are coming in from the train station. We did turn way coming out of the metro, so be careful or you'll walk farther than you need to.

The front desk staff was quite welcoming. Upon checking in, however, we discovered that our room had a double-size bed instead of the king-size bed we had reserved. The desk clerk brought in a colleague, who was able to find us a room with the proper size bed. He went above and beyond for us, and I so wish I had gotten his name. Incredibly helpful!

Once in the room, we discovered it was very warm. Again, our helpful front desk clerk said they have no fans to loan out, but just turn the thermostat fan completely to off and open the window until you get a comfortable temperature. This did work for us, so all was fine.

The Mercure is about a 6 minute walk to the Rathaus, which is where the largest Christmas market is held. It is also is walking distance to St. Stephen's and the MuseumsQuarter. If you find the walk too long, the metro and tram are handy and close by. The breakfast is quite expensive, and not memorable.

The Mercure is a good choice with a fairly central location. I am sure you will enjoy the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
MercureJosefshof, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Josefshof am Rathaus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights in a standard room and it was a great location to stay. Hotel itself was fine, nice and clean, quiet location and the bathroom was a nice size with good pressure for the shower.
Location is a 5 min walk to Rauthaus, Museums Quarter and Mariahilfastrabe and a 10 minute walk to the Kunsthistorisches Museum.
We didn't eat at the hotel or really require any help from them, however I did email them prior to arrival requesting them to pick us up from the airport, which they did. Our flight was delayed and even then there was no problem.
I'd definitely recommend this for a short city break. We also went to a place called Ulrich for breakfast (about 10 mins walk away) and it's fab. Luckily it wasn't busy but the guy there said it's normally queueing out the door, so possibly book it! But definitely worth going.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank emrLondon

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I spent a few nights here, and it was fine. Location is easy, with a U station at Rathaus just a couple blocks away - no need for a taxi coming from Hbf. There are a couple supermarkets within a few minutes walk, along with numerous restaurants, and it's not much of a walk to the Natural History Museum. The employees I encountered were fine, and I took breakfast one day, it was good quality. I stayed in a "Privilege" room, in what seemed like a satellite wing, it was quiet, but it was difficult to get the room cool enough for my liking - maybe I operated the HVAC wrong. Luckily, the window opened and was enough to provide fresh air.

One funny thing, I booked via a booking site, who advertised that there was a guest laundry. As expected for a building of this type and age, there was no such laundry. I take this as an error from the booking site rather than hotel. I had the booking site compensate me for the cost of sending my laundry out, and the hotel launderer did a high quality job - these services are never cheap, but they didn't cut corners. It ended well, and I'd stay again.

Room Tip: I was in a room that seemed to be in a satellite wing. It was completely silent.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo