1,113 results
All reviews belvedere palace train station city centre main station military museum busy road double glazing nice hotel english channels public transport buffet style minute walk bit dated yogurt cold cuts hotel is located reception staff
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We spent 3 nights at this Hotel while visiting the Christmas Markets in Vienna. The location is just a short 5 minute walk from the main Vienna Train Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof) which made it easy for us to make a day trip to Salzburg on the final day. Our room on the 7th floor was very pleasant. Despite the very cold weather outside the room was always nice and warm and we were always glad to relax there after a long day of sightseeing and shopping at the markets. The breakfast was very good each morning with a good selection of hot & cold food, cheese, cereals, fruit, bread cakes & pastries. Some mushrooms or grilled tomatoes would have been a nice addition to the hot buffet which was confined to just scrambled egg, sausage and bacon each morning. The coffee was very nice as was the orange juice. The en-suite bathroom was compact but nice and clean, however the shower was slightly unusual in that the door was not long enough to prevent water splashing from the shower onto the floor. The most noticeable thing about this hotel was the peace and quiet we enjoyed in the room despite its road front position overlooking a very busy main road. We slept soundly each night without any interruptions. The staff were also very pleasant and helpful with any questions we had. For evening dining it is just a 2 minute walk to Restaurant Bohmerwald which had an excellent Christmas menu of local cuisine and very enjoyable beer.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The hotel was conveniently located. The rooms were small, but clean. The shower was a struggle at times, trying not to get water all over the floor. Interesting elevators, they were the smallest ones I've ever used. The breakfast was plentiful with a variety of choices. I can't say enough about the kind and helpful staff. They were patient and went beyond the call of duty in helping us out.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel, with my wife, as part of a package which included Bratislava. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were big enough and yes the TV was an old fashioned CRT type! This was OK as we did not watch much TV. However we watched some films on our laptop. If the TV had been digital we could have watched it on the TV screen via an HDMI cable. So one slight criticism. Another one is there was a lack of coffee and tea making facilities. Other than those 2 quibbles the hotel was excellent.
Had a great time in Vienna as well!

Room Tip: Hotel is on busy road. However the rooms had double glazing which blocked out almost all noise.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Although there was some difficulty in finding my booking we eventually got our room. I asked for one at the back as it is so much quieter than the main road side. The fact there is a main road has advantages, close to main rail station, tram stops and bus stops. The Belvedere is just around the corner as well. Reasonable rooms and plenty of hot water. Breakfast is good as well with plenty of choice. I would be happy to use this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We arrived at the Airport and got the train to HBF (Hauptbahnhof). Now everywhere I read was telling me to get the S7 or CAT but we got the Railjet train, RJ661, with is a direct train, no other stops, and it was €3.70 each. It took 15 minutes. Perfect.

Our hotel (Prinz Eugen) was approx 3 minutes walk away but there are so many exits for the station. If you are staying in this hotel then use the exit near Burger King and turn left to the crossroads then right.

We asked for a high floor room at the back, which we got. Unfortunately we had very noisy upstairs neighbours so we were moved. This was no hassle for the receptionist and the staff even moved our cases for us whilst we were out!

Good bathroom and shower. Free shower get and hand wash.

The breakfast was delicious! It really filled us up for the day, There was always a table, although it does get busy around 9:30am.

Towels were changed everyday and beds made.

The bar area is lovely to relax, just check your change and the barman made a mistake and overcharged us!

We paid for the Hop On Hop Off bus and the Vienna Pass. Both proved very good value. We visited Belevdere, Hofburg, Schönbrunn, Prater, Danube Tower, Madame Tussaud’s (only because we missed the bus and had half an hour to kill!), Military Museum, Time Travel, Jewish Museum and did the walking tour. If you have any questions in these just ask. My favourite was Schönbrunn and the apple strudel show, but most of the gardens were closed.
One tip - we wasted time going straight the to entrance for Schönbrunn (like you do with all the other attractions) but you have to go to the ticket office at the main gate entrance to get a ticket as the pass won’t scan!

The bus was great. It ran on time and gave good commentary. The yellow bus does go near the hotel. Either get off at HBF or Belvedere.

Christmas markets - to me they all sell the same stuff but my favourite was the Karlsplatz market - big and lots of variety! (Opposite the Musikverein)

We mostly ate and drank at the markets so no restaurant recommendations sorry!

If anyone would like more info or my itinerary (it’s a spreadsheet!) then please ask.
I hope this helps! Enjoy Vienna - we did!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple