All reviews honesty bar praterstern station lack of air con budget hotel room was clean and comfortable nice breakfast wi fi stops train airport supermarket german
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I liked it the first time and still like it. friendly, clean and great value. Breakfast was great for me but i hate american ones. Near praterstern station and this time i discovered also near some hop on hop off bus stops (other side of train line) which opens up options to get around if you time it well

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

To get the negatives out of the way first, and the reason I can't fairly score the place any higher, the rooms are preposterously small. Not just a bit on the small side - they are minuscule. The bathroom is the worst offender.

I'm just over six foot, so not outlandishly tall, and found the bathroom so cramped that I couldn't sit on the toilet, or even stand facing it, because the bowl was so close to the wall. Thank goodness I was only spending one night there or I would have suffered.

Everything else is positive. The location is great - a short stroll from the Prater and its U Bahn, which in turn is only three stops from the centre of Vienna, and a slightly longer walk to the canal. The staff are friendly and helpful.

If it weren't for the tiny rooms - and maybe only some are so small - I would happily recommend the place. As it is, especially with the bathroom situation, I can't in good conscience. Not to anyone of average height and above. It's a shame.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank CptVonTripp
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I'm a returning, satisfied customer, having stayed multiple times at Kunsthof. Friendly staff, excellent price-quality ratio, great location. Absolutely nothing to complain about for the money you pay for the room (a budget hotel!). Also last time I had the breakfast it was also worth the money, and the drinks at the honesty bar were reasonably priced. I will definitely go there again one day!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnukkaK
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The room was fine for the price.

The main issue was the lack of air con.
In mid August, 30 degrees at night, struggling to sleep. Even at night with the windows open it was impossible to lie there not sweating. The noise from the trams at night was loud too as you had to have the windows open.

Really weird situation with the keys too - you had to give the receptionist your key as you left the building. Little bit weird for me as I felt then they knew when you were not in the building and could then enter your room? Or somebody else could collect your key as sometimes it was a different receptionist on by the time you returned to your room as opposed to the one you gave it to in the morning.

No safe in the room which with the handing the key to the receptionist was all just a bit fishy to me.

The hotel was also quite far out of the centre if you didn't choose to buy a travel pass.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We stayed at the Kunsthof Hotel for 3 nights for the first leg of our trip. The staff were friendly and happy to assist in English and German. It is well situated, only 3 mins. walk to the Praterstern station (which connects you to the airport via the S7) and to other lines on the metro. 10 mins. walk to the Prater Platz which is a must if it is your first time in Vienna. The metro is cheap by London standards and quick and clean.
The room was clean and comfortable despite the heat. TV & Wi-Fi, but breakfast is additional to the room price. You must drink Viennese tap water which it is said comes from the Alps. I haven't felt so good in a long time!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple