1,119 results
All reviews guest kitchen bunk beds city centre budget hotel metro station free wifi minute walk hotel room clean rooms air conditioning hotel is situated dorm supermarket schottenring euro wien danube
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Stayed there with my 4 friends for 2 nights. The room was spacious and clean with pretty comfy beds, good facilities and free wifi. Hot water was always available. On the ground floor you can hang out and meet now people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's not located in the center of the city, but a 20-25 min walk to the center is really nice. If you don't want to walk, a metro station is 5 min from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
MEININGERHotels, reception at MEININGER Hotel Wien Downtown Franz, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2015

Hey, a big thank you for this nice comment. Amazing to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and Vienna. Hopefully see you soon again, your MEININGER Team

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Hotel is located near metro station and just two station from city center. This is my second stay in this hotel and the reason are location and good value for money. The Hotel offers plenty of opportunities for various types of vacations - with friends, family etc. First time I was with my husband and second time with sister. Offer include only breakfast but there is a possibility to use the kitchen, as well as the delivery of food. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The only thing that can be improved is cleanliness. In general cleanliness is ok. But we didn't brought slippers, there was dust on floor. Regardless, hotel have my recommendation and I will come again there for any other time during my stay in Vienna.

Room Tip: One side of hotel looking at the street, and another at the backyard. Room on backyard side are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Dear guest, thank you for this amazing comment. If you visit us again, book through our homepage and get 5% discount :) See you soon, your MEININGER Team

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Stayed there for two nights with a group of international friends. The location is not the best if you are a tourist, but you can either walk or take a tram to the metro station. But the accommodations were great. Very neat and comfortable rooms, clean washrooms in the room. Also enjoyed breakfast and the common area in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Dear guest, thank you for the comment. Amazing to hear you enjoyed the stay with us, so we really hope ryou and the whole group will visit us soon again! Lovely greetings from Vienna, your MEININGER Team

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

This is my 5th night at this hotel/hostel. The start was with the check-in, the girl at the reception was very unwelcoming. I don't know if she's racist or that's her normal attitude. I haven't seen her smile in the past 5 days which was a bit irritating to be honest.
The wi-fi is definitely the best thing about this place. Can't comment on the breakfast because I didn't try it.
Rooms are small and it's hard to sleep with a lot of people checking-in and checking-out all the time!
Can't see myself coming back to this hostel in particular.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Dear guest, first of all thank you for the honest comment. We are very sorry for the behaviour of one of our colleagues. We already talked to our colleague and she apologize for treating you bad. Nevertheless we hope you could enjoy Vienna and we still hope that one day you will visit us again, your MEININGER Team

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Great place to stay if you are looking for a super clean, new hostel with comfy beds and pillows. Plenty of plugs available on the room. It's not on the city centre but a 20 min walk will take you there.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
MEININGERHotels, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel Wien Downtown Franz, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Dear Elena,

thank you very much for the great review! I'm happy, that you enjoyed your stay here. For your next visit: If your feet are tired from exploring the city, thake the tramways. The Tramwaysystem in Vienna is awesome and the next Tramstation to us is just a 5 minutes walk.
Hope to welcome you back again here.
Greetings from Vienna,