“Wonderful location and a nice hotel”

Austria Trend Hotel Europa Wien
Ranked #87 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 19 July 2017

The rooms are modern and clean. The wi fi was good. The bathrooms were good. I can't think of anything that wasn't good. I did hear some guests say the air conditioning did not work well in their rooms but our room was cool.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front overlooking the square have a nice view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dick M

Reviewed 18 July 2017

+ Location is unbeatable
+ Few minutes from Stephan Platz metro stop
+ Easy walk to a lot of sights besides public transport just around the corner
+ Rooms are spacious with good layout
+ Breakfast was excellent with live cooking station
+ Mariahilfer strasse for shopping is 4 stops away

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mohamed G
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Hotel Europa in Vienna for our honeymoon in Europe was not as pleasant as we would've liked. At check-in we were upgraded for 10 euro/night to a superior room, which was great. The front desk also said breakfast was included with our stay (more on that later). Unfortunately, the room we were upgraded to had a faulty A/C unit and water was leaking from the ceiling. After informing the front desk via phone it took 1.25 hours for a guy just to come up and see the problem. We were told we would probably be switched to another room and will be notified right away. Forty-five minutes go by, and I finally have to call the desk again only to be told no room swap is available. It is now 2330, after a long day of traveling, and a man from the desk comes up to the room with a water bucket and towels. They fixed the issue the next day, but a 3 hour wait for water bucket and towels is unsatisfactory. Fast forward to checkout, and we were told the breakfast WAS NOT included, and that we would have to pay for it. I explained to the woman at the desk what we were told at the check-in, there was no confusion, that breakfast was included. All we were granted was one free breakfast, and charged 60 euros for a subpar breakfast, which we would've gladly gotten somewhere else if we knew we had to pay. Needless to say, Hotel Europa tarnished an otherwise fun adventure in Vienna, and I don't recommend you stay here; or get any "upgrades" in writing at a bare minimum to cover yourself.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Assistant_Manager_01, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Europa Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear guest,

first of all I kindly like to thank you for taking your time to send us your feedback and I politely apologize for the troubles with the broken AC.

Please rest assured that satisfied guests are always our top goal and I would like to apologize politely that our staff did not react professionally to the complaint in your case. We strive to solve technical difficulties as quickly and uncomplicated as possible for our guests.

I kindly like to inform you that we offer our breakfast buffet to the price of € 17,00 per person and day. All our employees are familiar with our conditions and they are encouraged to inform our guests correctly. I will discuss this case immediately with our entire reception team and terribly regret this misunderstanding.

It would be great to be able to convince you of our hospitality and professionalism during your next trip to Vienna. I am looking forward to welcoming you back!

with kind regards
Martina Fischelmayer, Assistant Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Recommended for visit to Vienna. Walking distance from the Opera and music venues. Excellent breakfast with custom made omelettes. A little dated with noisy Aircon but comfortable and friendly. Right on top of the shops.

Room Tip: Executive rooms offer access to a lounge wupith free coffee and croissants.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The hotel is in the middle in the city and you can walk to a lot of sights but also public transportation is around the corner. Service was friendly, but the room is nothing for sensitive people - very colorful and people who can't sleep when it is bright in the room have a big problem. The curtains don't keep the light out of the room at all. Every morning at six I was awake. Fortunately I had a sleeping mask with me, without it the night would have been over at six as well.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Assistant_Manager_01, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Europa Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear guest,

first of all I kindly like to thank you for taking your time to send us your impressions concerning your last stay at Hotel Eruopa Wien.

I regret that you did not like the style of our rooms and I politely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the light in the room.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Viena and remain

with kind regards