1,374 results
All reviews le ciel exclusive room opera house old world lobby bar turn down service five star hotel excellent location elegant hotel beautiful room a wonderful stay state opera beautiful city within easy walking distance high ceilings large bathroom spanish riding school
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I remember a documentary on one of the top London hotels, where the hotel management were required to stay in the hotel rooms on occasion. I have often thought that a lot more hotels could benefit from this as there are often minor but annoying problems which could be resolved quite easily. In this case they would have discovered that the coffee machine was absolute rubbish, the minibar fridge hummed and buzzed all night, and the pillows gave no support. Other than that everything was as expected from a hotel of this standing; the staff were without exception polite, friendly and helpful. I would visit again.

Room tip: Rooms at the front have good views but are a little noisier. Go for as high a floor as possible if noise is a problem for you.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Grand Hotel W, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Dear „BristolGreedyDiner“,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at our Grand Hotel Wien and for taking the time to tell us about it. I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations.

I kindly wanted to let you know, that of course our management at regular intervals, take the opportunity to spend the night in our hotel to verify and secure our high level of standards. That is why I am not amused of your reported problems. Next time I would kindly ask you to let us know about any specific problems as soon as possible that we are able to provide you with solutions on the spot.
I really do apologize for your inconvenience during your stay and please be rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures in order to optimize our services for the future.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be polite, helpful and friendly and I will share your comments with my team.

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel if you should visit Vienna again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2015

Grand Hotel Wien is worth the money. It's location is excellent with easy walking to many major sites. It is very comfortable. It is attached to a huge indoor mall. The bathtubs are fantastic. The decor is restful and the lighting excellent. The food is very good. I had a reservation problem and wrote to the management about it. It was solved expeditiously and satisfactorily. As long as they stay as they are and continue providing the accommodations as they do now I will always stay here when I come to Vienna.

Room tip: Rooms around the atrium are very quiet.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Grand Hotel W, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2015

Dear "mottey",

it was a real pleasure to read your complimentary review from your stay at the "Grand Hotel Wien", thanks alot! I am very pleased you liked the indoor decoration so much and that you found the bathtub fantastic. I am also glad that you liked the food and that you enjoyed our great location. Great to read that we were able to resolve your reservation issue in a smooth and professional way and thank you so much for your praising words to my staff! I am sure they will be thrilled to receive your feedback as they all but alot of pride and effort in their work in order to give each guest unique service.

Thank you again sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor society and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We spent 3 nights at the Grand Hotel for a mini break and had a great time. The hotel is in an excellent location on the Ringstrasse, only 400m from the State Opera House, and all the major historic buildings are within easy walking distance (as are many of the shopping areas). The hotel itself is luxurious and the bedroom was pleasantly decorated in an appropriate Viennese style, and very comfortable. We had breakfast and dinner in the Grand Cafe (Le Ciel is closed on Sunday and Monday nights, and we didn't try the Japanese restaurants). Both meals were good and the menu offered a range of Austrian dishes. You can also have excellent breakfasts and diners in one of the many nearby, historic coffeehouses or restaurants. A great hotel for any visit to Vienna.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Grand Hotel W, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

Dear "Kevin R",

thank you so much for spending your minibreak at the "Grand Hotel Wien" and we very much appreciate your great review!

I am pleased to read that you could take advantage of our perfect location and that you liked our traditional Viennese style. I am also happy that you enjoyed all your meals in the Grand Café, hopefully you will be able to try our excellent gourmet restaurant "Le Ciel" on another occasion!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and it wouild certainly be a pleasure to welcome you back to "the Grand" if you should return to Vienna in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2015

Stayed 5 nights..Very nice location..Very good service. Booked a superior room but upgraded to a suite which was very confortable. concierge desk very efficient to guide you for the best places in the city... this is the place to be in vienna

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Grand Hotel W, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear “Mous M”,

thank you so much for your flattering words in regards to your stay at our "Grand Hotel Wien", it is a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I am very glad to read that you could enjoy our perfect location in the heart of Vienna and that you liked our professional and friendly members of staff.

I am also delighted to hear that you were happy with your free upgrade to one of our beautiful suites as well as our concierges were able to provide you with great help during your stay. I am sure they will be happy to read your comments as they put a lot of effort in their work.

Thank you again for taking the time for this review and we would be pleased to welcome you back to our hotel if you should visit Vienna again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We arrived at the hotel at 10.30 pm and were very tired from our long trip. We had booked a 5 night stay based on reviews on Tripadvisor. The check in was excellent and we were taken to our room number 516. The room was truly lovely, decorated in a soft green and very Viennese. The bed and pillows were just wonderful. The room was large and well appointed with a large walk-in shower. Everything was extremely clean and of very good quality and we enjoyed the nightly turn down service. We had two requests whilst at the hotel with both being meet within a few minutes. The breakfast was wonderful and we could not have wished for more. The hotel was very central to the shopping area, St Stehen's Platz, and the Palace. We had dinner at the Cafe Grand on several nights and thoroughly enjoyed our meal which was of good quality. The hotel overall was very grand which made us feel really special. All staff members encountered were very professional, helpful and friendly. If ever I get the opportunity to go to Vienna again, I would not stay anywhere else. We were sad when we had to leave this wonderful hotel.

Room tip: Room 516 was classified as a double room exclusive. It was large, quite with a sitting area. The bathroom had a large walk-in shower.
Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank Chriswilltravel_2
Grand Hotel W, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear "Chriswilltravel_2",

it was fantastic to read your wonderful comments from your stay at the "Grand Hotel Wien", thank you so much!

I was happy to read your detailed and great description of your room, I am glad you enjoyed it so much. I am also pleased that you found our breakfast perfect and that you enjoyed our great location.

I very highly value your grand compliments on our staff as they all strive to make every single guest feel unique and special.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I truly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel if your travels should bring you to Vienna in the future.

Kind regards