“Outstanding!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old University Quarter
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Second time having dinner here. Its location along the Danube affords a nice sunset view. The baked courgette flower, served with wasabi dip, is still a winner. So is the chanterelle salad. I enjoyed the subtle seasoning of the thinly sliced veal topped with raw tuna chunks, as well as the smoked trout; however, I noticed rashes on my neck when I reached home (could be the fish) and quelled it with anti-histamine. With dessert and three glasses is wine, our bill (two people) was a reasonable 73euros.
The lady waitstaff was friendly at the beginning of the meal, but seemed flustered as the crowd in the restaurant built. I asked for the bill three times, and waited than usual for someone to pick up my payment. Quite a disappointing way to end a lovely meal.

1  Thank YubaPrincess
Write a ReviewReviews (1,786)

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

There is a restaurant and a cafe here. The cafe being on the upper floor. After a walk along the Danube canal and finding little in terms of places to eat it was a relief to find this place. We ate in the cafe, where you can sit indoors or outside.

It's got a modern, relaxed ambience and we experienced friendly service. We ordered a club sandwich which was delicious but huge and a tuna salad which had more tuna then any other tuna salad I've ever ordered! The food was delicious and we could chill out and look out over the canal, enjoying a couple of glasses of wine.

The bill came to €54 which was value for what we had.

I can't speak for the restaurant but the cafe is certainly a good place for a long, relaxed lunch.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Upon entrance it says; we place please wait and smile - thats fine but not reflecting the behavior of the service - upon our question if there is an english menu the guy looked with big eyes and annoyance to us and said "No"!

I asked myself in german just to be sure... answer; "I told you NO"!!

Maybe we've been unlucky... in any case it is absolutely not acceptable, so we left without even ordering!!

Reviewed 9 June 2016

This restaurant,which faces the river, is incredibly beautiful! Its concept is very clever: downstairs is the restaurant, which cuisine is contemporary and decorated in a very modern way. Upstairs, with tables outside, is the café, which serves delicious breakfast.
I had the chance to visit both and although the restaurant is beautiful, I have to say that the kitchen is a bit irregular: my husband's pasta was delicious, but my salmon was so bland, it wasn't seasoned at all, not even with salt, definitely not worthy it 25 euros! Besides, service is very, very slow. Apart from that, don't think it's reasonable charging 10 euros for butter and bread for couvert. I was quite disappointed with it, I have to say and I was really looking forward to it.
The café, on the other hand, is very pleasant, service is quicker and the food is indeed delicious! And prices are more reasonable, which is also a plus.
In any case, I highly recommend a reservation first, it's is quite crowded, no matter what day of the week.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

This is a lively bar and restaurant and we stopped for a few drinks on Sunday afternoon.
Without being shown a bill, we were asked to pay €62 which did not seem right so we asked to see the bill. It turned out the waiter had added a number of additional items to our bill which we did not have and so we paid the correct amount of €26.

I suppose it could have been an honest mistake but perhaps we were targeted as we did not speak German.

2  Thank TF_555