“Excellent Cafe”

Cafe Mendez
Ranked #1 of 65 Bars & Pubs in Vienna
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Neighbourhood: Wieden
Description: An unusual spot in Vienna with a fun and warm atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff, specialty coffee, tequila and craft cocktails. A place, where you can feel yourself at home ;)
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Place was a very pleasant find a couple of blocks from our hotel. Staff was extremely friendly and the food was good. Mexocan style with quesedillas, burgers, nachos, chili con carne. Very good lunch spot and would definitely go back again. Decor was ecclectic and bathroom decor was well designed.

MrMendez, Tulajdonos at Cafe Mendez, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Ottissmithjr,

I was very happy when I read your sentences. Especially the part about the bathroom decor. We love details!❤

You are welcome anytime, if you are in Vienna again!

Take care,

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Although at first sight the place looks like an ordinary bar, just give it a try. The staff know how to impress you. I was hooked by daikiri weeks promotion and the old fasion magnetic tape recorder that played relaxing latin music.

The place is undoubtedly worth visiting, especially during long summer evenings.

Dear Dima K,

I am so happy that you enjoyed the Daiquiri Day and of course our bar!

My house is your house. Don't forget please and see you next time! We will have some surprises from September!;)

Cheers,

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for something vibrant, positive, creative & savory with dietary inclusivity, you’ll find it here.
This team has it down & they are ready to shine.
I was warmly welcomed with smiles, an English menu option & genuine interest.
I felt like I came to my local business or a friend’s house.
The decor is so unique to this town & totally appreciated by this LA girl.
The menu is simple & delicious. I dined on the veggie quesadilla & my bf had the El Chapo which was also amazing.
The bartender made us drinks with smooth mezcal tequila & fresh juices. The ice cubes were round & clearly filtered to boot.
I’ve had some great margaritas & this one was high on the list.
After devouring our food, we decided to stay for one more drink before continuing our conquest of the town.
Our server brought us 2 cans of markers & sheets to draw on. You can contribute positively & “express yourself” in a super fun way here.
Make this a stop on your way through this town. It’s my last nite & I’m on my way there to have one last drink with that super fun group.
Thanks Mendez team!

Dear naughtyaperez,

Thank you for the wonderful and detailed feedback and special thanks for your lovely photos!❤

I can't find words, you wrote a lot of nice details: THANK YOU!

Take care and see you...in the U.S. next time!;)

With love,

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely place with great staff and made to feel welcome as a single dinner.
I ordered the amigo burger which was tasty. Worth a visit and the music from the reel to reel is a bonus!

Thank you so much LeNoir_B15!

Special thanks for your bonus comment, the old Revox is one of our favourite colleagues!;)

Looking forward to your next visit!

Cheers,

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Really nice food in a cool room with friendly service. It is Mexican and tasty. There is good coffee, afternoon sun through the windows, and you just feel really welcome.

Dear Andreas V,

Thank you for your kind review, next time we will try to get your five stars!:)

And of course, you are welcome anytime!!

Enjoy your day,