“Good Austrian meal”

Cuisines: Austrian, Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We ate twice at the Stadtpark Brau, which tells you that it was pretty good. They had an extensive menu that featured many Austrian items. Plus every night a special of the day is offered. Good selection of local beers to choose from. Atmosphere is of a typical brauhaus; nice wooden tables in a large narrow room that had a cozy feel. On both occasions large groups (30+ people) were there. However, it did not seem to slow down the kitchen or the service, but did make the place noisy. Food was good. Service was very good and the food arrived relatively quickly. Recommend it for those staying in the Stadtpark area.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

The service was responsive and we ordered mixed grill for two. It was generous tasty portion.The house wine was good.
When we started our dinner they served a pretzel in the bread basket. It was tasty and I had asked for another one.
We had asked for mustard for the sausages they served in the mixed grill plate.
When we had asked for the check, surprisingly they charged for the mustard (0.80) and two pretzels for 3.80.
I think that if you serve sausages you serve mustard, included, period. And free. If you don't charge for bread you have to tell your customer that the pretzel served in the basket with the rolls has its price, separate additional charge, and thr rolls are free.
So be careful if you go there! Prices are not what you see in the menu. Tourists will pay extra in Stadtpark Braeu.

3  Thank 551,951
Reviewed 13 December 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice dinner at stadtpark brau on a Sunday night. It was packed with locals who come here to enjoy beer and Austrian specialities. Loved our schnitzel and cheese spaetzle. Pleasant service

1  Thank Laurent G
Reviewed 29 November 2014

We headed to the Stadtpark Braeu after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. With only one night in Vienna I didn't want to end up in a generic eatery that often lines the streets of European cities these days. I had the goulash and my wife the schnitzel. Both were superb as was the beer that accompanied it with. We finished off sharing a wonderful plate of Kaiser Schmarren with Plum Confit. The service was also spot on too. When we return to Vienna we will certainly return to 'the Braeu'

1  Thank Daveandbrig
Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

I was there alone on my one - day visit to Vienna. I wanted something of local cuisine and I found this place. It is cozy, it offered good service and they also had a seasonal menu with delicious Vienese dishes. I really recommend it.