“Great Austrian and European cuisine in traditional, cozy surroundings”
Review of Stadtpark Brau - CLOSED

Stadtpark Brau
Price range: US$20 - US$27
Cuisines: Austrian, Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2014

We headed to the Stadtpark Braeu after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. With only one night in Vienna I didn't want to end up in a generic eatery that often lines the streets of European cities these days. I had the goulash and my wife the schnitzel. Both were superb as was the beer that accompanied it with. We finished off sharing a wonderful plate of Kaiser Schmarren with Plum Confit. The service was also spot on too. When we return to Vienna we will certainly return to 'the Braeu'

1  Thank Daveandbrig

Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

I was there alone on my one - day visit to Vienna. I wanted something of local cuisine and I found this place. It is cozy, it offered good service and they also had a seasonal menu with delicious Vienese dishes. I really recommend it.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

Good home made comfort food, gulasch and Tafelspitz as well as Wiener and Cordonbleu are outstanding; deecent wine list and good beer list. try the zwickel. reasonable priced!

Reviewed 17 September 2014

The food itself was slightly above average, but obvious that it was catered to the tourist crowd. Not that this is a bad thing. There was a group of us and we all had favourable comments on the food. However, what really made the evening for us was the excellent service that we received from all the staff we encountered. Our server was especially attentive to our requests and service was prompt and courteous. Staff was always smiling and even the unusual requests were catered to. By now it is clear that I enjoy spicy foods, and request "hot spices" for most of my meals. This evening was no exception and was pleasantly pleased when the server provided me with their version of pepperoncini. It was surprisingly good. Similarly others in the group had special requests and the staff went out of their way to try and fulfill them. All with a great attitude. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We are ex-pats living in Vienna and had been away on home leave for a bit. While "home" and running errands in the InnerStadt we stopped in for lunch, being in the mood for schnitzel and a beer. One of us ordered the schnitzel (fresh, hot and crisp) and the other of us ordered the ribs (good, but a little sweet for our tastes). Beer was good, cold and just what we wanted.

The staff was very English-speaking (no surprise) and the service was typical of a restaurant in the thick of the tourist zone (that is, the staff understands that not everyone is accustomed to two hour lunches). No complaints, overall, just an ordinary Schnitzel lunch.