“Superb food, excellent service.”
Review of Yohm

Yohm
Ranked #463 of 4,786 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$14 - US$67
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: In YOHM Restaurant, my team presents to you a new kind of Asian cuisine, which I was able to experience for the first time in cities like London, New York or Hong Kong. We have not emphasized any specific part of Asia, but rather selected interesting food and drinks from the diverse regions of this continent, so fascinating in terms of culinary cuisine. Andreas Fuchs and his team prepare dishes for you which make direct reference to original dishes from Asia. However, these traditional dishes are cooked according to the most modern viewpoints from the best ingredients - full of flavor, healthy, low-fat and rich in vitamins. Intrinsic flavor, clarity of spices and freshness of the products must always be the priority. This foundation, paired with attentive, Western service, excellent wines as well as a selection of top-quality teas and sakes are meant to bring you closer to this complex culture on your culinary journey to Asia. In the summer months, we offer our guests the finest in culinary art in the open air of our sidewalk café on Petersplatz. I hope you enjoy your journey just as we enjoy indulging you. Yours, Klaus Piber
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Having lived in Asia I often leave Asian restaurants with a feeling of disapppointment however this restaurant exceeded my expectations. I'm amazed reading some of the negative reviews about it here on Trip Advisor. We ate here with a large group and each member thoroughly enjoyed and raved about their meal. I'd head here again, but take a tip and pre book a table. I had sashimi which was excellent to start, superbly presented, fresh and delicious. Followed by blue crab soup and then the red Thai prawn curry. Each course was stunning. We tried the wine, beer or sake pairing which was also first class. We left with everyone delighted with their meal. A top rate restaurant in every way. Expensive? You get what you pay for, here you get great quality. Worth it!

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Only go here if you are desperate for a change in cuisine. The food is only decent, but the place has a nice atmosphere and service was great. Nice atmosphere for couples, but wouldn't exactly recommend. Prices are too high for what you get.

1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Centrally located pan Asian restaurant. We were there for a Sunday lunch.
Food: sushi was good but really nothing special. We've had much better. He spicy Chinese dishes like Szechuan lamb were pretty good.
Beverages: again good, especially the sake cocktail, but also not that special.
Service: felt rushed, no major mistakes, but lacking the genuine friendliness you so often find in Vienna. No baby chairs available.
Prices: 4 course lunch menu at 45 EUR is in the upper range, for what is offered, but still ok. The small sushi roll for 17 EUR off the regular menu is a rip off.
Overall not a place I would ever go back to.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Stopped by the outdoor seating area for dessert one afternoon, and am so glad I did! The apple strudel was the best I had on my European vacation. Was a delight in my day for under 4 euros!

1  Thank Rose T
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Nice Asian restaurant in the middle of Vienna and serves a mixture of very good food. Service was also excellent and you can eat inside or out. I would recommend a visit here if you like Asian cuisine.