All reviews bus stop ski hire guest house boiled eggs innsbruck airport nice room min walk balcony mountains spar eur mattress bathtub sauna
Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

I was very disappointed by this hotel; I expected so much more.
It is true that we spend one night only there, but I found the place so "cold"; very different from what I expected.
The view is pretty awesome! But that is all.
The room is very basic with no minibar. And the bathroom is extremely small.
So, it was okay for one night, but I do not expect to come back.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
alois h, Geschäftsführer at Sonnenhof Igls, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Dear Mrs. Ludmila,

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are very disappointed to hear that our b&b house was not to your satisfaction.
As we have seen at your one night stay, that you have choosen our standard room. As you might know, we have more room types available like superior rooms, three bedde rooms and apartments as well. Of course these rooms are larger and offer more space and a little bit more expensive.

Moreover, as you have not enjoy our breakfast buffet, you have not seen our whole range of service. Due to a majority of regular guests and other international satisfied clients we can fully assure that our family and our staff take all feedback very seriously and feedback will help us improve for our next guest.

I do hope that you give us another try in the future (maybe in a larger room in advance) so we can restore your faith within our hotel.

Kind regards, family Hofbauer

Reviewed 14 June 2015

We booked through hotels.com and found when we arrived that had we booked directly with the hotel, breakfast would have been included for the same price.

When I arrived I was VERY disappointed with the view of low hills in the distance with low hanging clouds. When I woke the next morning the Alps were protruding ABOVE the low hanging clouds. It was gorgeous.

We had a superior double and it was huge and very comfortable with the exception of no AC. I think this is common in most of the the guest houses here. If you want AC you probably need to stay in one of the big hotels. It would have been needed very little as there was usually a breeze with the door to the porch open. A fan would have been nice for the hot days. We slept with the door to the porch open every night.

The bus into Innsbruck is VERY convenient but having a car to go to the small surrounding towns is optimal. Stores are in walking distance. Igls restaurants in walking distance are more expensive then the 2 well rated in Lans - the next town which we really liked.

Internet was great at times and at times too weak or would disconnect. Unpredictable

ONLY soap supply in bathroom was a container of liquid soap at the sink. No soap in the shower, no shampoo , water pressure in shower was fine most of the time with very weak pressure once.

Rooms were very clean and well kept.

Older man doesn't speak English and can seem aloof because of that. (I feel guilty for not knowing his language!)

We enjoyed clear sunny weather every day of the 5 we were there in site of the fact that the forecast said rain every day!

If you found this review helpful, please not so below. I appreciate it when others remind me to do so.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jroihl
Reviewed 2 June 2015

We choose this hotel using TA. It is located in Igls a suburb of Innsbruck and is about 10 to15 minutes from downtown. It was a very picturesque village that is at the base of a ski lift and probably gets quite busy in the winter season. Our room was large, nicely furnished with a very nice bathroom. The room was very clean. There was a balcony with a nice view of the mountains. You could walk to the business area. The staff was helpful with luggage as there is no lift. The staff also made an excellent dinner suggestion, The breakfast is a full European style at a reasonable price. We were treated very fairly regarding a no show night with the hotel only charging for their out of pocket expenses for the booking agency when they could have charged the entire room charge.

Room Tip: Mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Howard P
Reviewed 12 May 2015

We Had a great time at Sonnenhof Igls..The view from the room was breathtaking.
Rooms were spacious,clean,very well maintained and bright.
Breakfast was delicious.Host Mr.Thomas,was very warm and friendly.
We would surely and strongly recommend this place..
PS.. Its a great Idea to explore Igls by E bikes which are rented out at tourist information centre.Igls had very nice bike hiking trails.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Rajneesh14
Reviewed 2 March 2015

It's my second time at Sonnenhof and I found the place even more charming than 4 years ago! It is family-run, in a perfect location only 3.5 km from Innsbruck and particularly suitable for winter sports.
We only spent 1 night but everything was perfect. Very nice room, beautiful view, good breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends