“The perfect steak with wine”
Review of Woodfire

Woodfire
Ranked #18 of 486 Restaurants in Innsbruck
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2016

It was one of the best steak that I ate in Austria. The staff was prepared and it advised me an excellent red wine, The steak was perfectly cooked (I like rare steak...it's difficult to find a good meat cooked really rare)

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Great service, great food! And the wine (and the sommelier's advice) is awesome! One of the few places around to offer Charles Smith wines – my favorite!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

There's not much more to say than the fact that this is a wonderful steak house with a perfect service in every detail and high quality, perfectly tasting food - If you like steaks this is most likely one of the best places in Austria and certainly without any doubt in Innsbruck. The only downside is that the place is upscale in terms of pricing.

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

This place is a one in a life time experience. The staff is well prepared to suggest the right wine according to your dish. The surrounding is great with the possibility to have a look into the open kitchen and the food is YUMMIE!!! Extremely good quality not only for the meat that was superb but the side dishes like veggies, fries, risotto amazing. All this quality has its price but for sure it is well invested.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

My husband does not eat meat so we originally went to the Italian restaurant next door. We had passed it several times and decided it would be our dinner place for our last night in Innsbruck. We were embarrassed when we walked in there as clearly we were under-dressed and the blank stares made that very clear by the wait staff. The maitre d did not even look to see if he had an available table for us but him and the kitchen staff looked at us with disgust instead. I asked three times if maybe there was something as they had two rooms which both were not full at all. They had about ten tables open that we could see and an entire bar area but nothing was offered to us. My husband offered to go back to room and change our clothes. We left quickly with a bad taste in our mouths considering going back to change or having our hotel call. We had skied all day and then lounged in the steam room and sauna but needless to say we wanted a good meal but opted for comfort. We are from New York City and are rarely judged by how we dress when we go out. It is very rare to get pathetic stares of disgust when casual. Moving passed our brief pity party.......
Wood fire Steaks and More: I suggested we try the steakhouse next door and my husband obliged hoping there would be something for him to eat other then steak. Although we couldn't read the menu posted outside I insisted that "the and more" elluded to options for him. When we walked in the door we were greeted with a smile and asked if we had reservations. Of course we didn't but the person at the door, who ended up waiting on us, offered us an available table after looking at his reservation list on the side and said that's all he had for us. There were two tables on the side he offered us the larger of the two which we appreciated. We were happy to sit down and eat and were even happier to not be judged by our appearance.
Cocktails were on point as was the wine. The bread and medly of options to dress it with were on point. For appetizers My husband had the spicy coconut soup and I had the Caesar salad. Both were delicious. Entrees were wonderful myself having the filet mignon and him a white fish with pumpkin goulash. Service was good and everyone was pleasant. We watched the chefs prepare the food in the kitchen which was a nice treat. Overall a fabulous experience. Dessert and coffee were also great. Thank you for not making us feel bad that we didn't dress up!!!!!!! What a wonderful experience. Highly recommend.