“Steirisches Brathendl - too salty!”
Review of Stieglbrau

Stieglbrau
Ranked #46 of 496 Restaurants in Innsbruck
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Well, it can happen: the food is nice, but somehow it's too salty.
Might be, it's your - customers - personal "Befindlichkeit", your mood?
But, helas!
Also your co-taster finds: "Too salty, definitely too salty!"
Well, another cup of fine Stiegl-beer neutralises the salt, it does.

Later, the chef came along, and we nicely complained: "Too salty, sir".

Reaction:
Well.

My reaction:
No more Steirisches Brathendl, sir!

Ok, the chef would have accepted a send-back-to-the kitchen.
What I would have accepted:
An After-dinner drink on the house!
Easy!
Hey, boss, easy!!!

1  Thank Klaus1234

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We found a table for dinner even if without any reservation and the reastaurant was full. The food was excellent, tasteful and well served. The personnel kind and quick.If in Innsbruck, I will come back for sure. Prices are really acceptable.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I would give Stieglbrau 6 stars for their staff if Tripadvisor would let me.

In all honesty, the food was good but not spectacular. However, the staff was amazing. We stopped in for drinks one day and returned for dinner two nights in a row. The place looks a bit touristy on its face but clearly had a large contingent of local regulars. We had our drinks and meals at the bar and couldn't have received better service at a fine restaurant. The bartenders were on the top of their game, they knew the locals, everyone was enjoying themselves and the place just had that "feel" of a great local bar.

Speaking of the bar - Austria is thankfully NOT the Nanny State that the U.S. has become. You can smoke in the bar ! If you are offended by smoking - go someplace else.

If you're looking for a fine meal, Stieglbrau is probably not the best choice. I'm not saying the food was bad (it was fine and in line with the price). If you want food and drinks in a place that feels like a friend's home - This is your place.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

The Restaurant was empty but we were not served for 15 minutes even we were 45 people. Once drinks were ordered it took another 15 minutes until we were served. We planned to eat there but left after 40 minutes since they haven't taken our orders. Very unfriendly service. Never again

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Ate here on two separate occasions recently. The first time, I was recovering from the flu and this was my first food in several days. I had the clear beef broth with noodles and a salad. My husband had the Austria 'hash', topped with a fried egg. Both were very good and I vowed to come back a few days later so I could try something more substantial. On that occasion I had the fried chicken. Wow! it was a huge portion and served with a lovely potato salad. There was far too much for me to eat and it could easily have been shared but what I ate was delicious. The wait staff were friendly and prompt, despite the busyness of the restaurant on the second visit. The restaurant is just across the road from the Hilton and offers good food at food prices. The menu is quite extensive so there is no problem finding something for everyone.