“great stay”
Review of Hotel Helga

Hotel Helga
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Hotel Helga was one of the highlights of our recent trip to Germany/Austria with the Sierra Club. Incredibly friendly staff (the schnapps was really good!), good food and comfortable rooms. Recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at Hotel Helga for the first time over New Year 2013.
Very good value for money, super clean with all the amenities and facilities you need.
Breakfast was delicious and the friendly atmosphere in the bar was a plus!
Great for a short or long stay!
Guaranteed a lovely holiday :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Helga a number of times (>5) and I say it is a good hotel, you get what you pay for. A clean (the whole place is spotless) and simple room along with a good breakfast spread. For 80 Euro a double room including breakfast it is value. The owner has her ways but so what, I wasn't spending my time with her. I slept perfectly everynight, never bothered by noise. I'm a non smoker and I've never felt like a room had been 'smoked in'. One thing you need to know when visiting Austria is: Austrians smoke.

This is a perfect place for a budget winter sports holiday or summer tour stop. NOt luxury buy you don't pay luxurious prices.

As for the post below: First I would like to know why the woman in the post below was driving her precious baby around in a poorly maintained death trap at 4am? Not only that but I was informed by the owner of Helga that the tow company books the hotel, reason being that no one else would allow them to check in. Also she goes on to say that she missed the breakfast time - was that also the owners fault? Sorry your car broke down but hey, if you want someone to blame look in the mirror.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Morveer
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I would rather sleep on the streets in winter than stay here again. We arrived some weeks ago on the back of a tow truck, after our car had broken down. It was 5 in the morning and the hotel had been booked by the recovery service. The glare and snarls as the owner watched us being lowered from our broken down car to the pavement, with a tiny baby and then the barking to let us in was something I had never seen before. She was rude, unwelcoming and showed no concern for the fact that we had a baby with us. We had the key thrown at us and were told to go because we had woken her up and she wasn’t happy. Something about breakfast was snapped, but at this point we wanted to get the baby to sleep and get some rest ourselves.
The room. The smell. The ashtray with a no smoking sign in it. The bedding stank of stale smoke and, although clean, it was not fresh.

In the morning we checked out and were told, despite having missed the 6 minute window (ok, I’m exaggerating…) for breakfast, we could have coffee. We shouldn’t have bothered. The coffee was cold and the breakfast bar had plates of pastries, complete with ashtrays on the same plate.

In my opinion, people like this shouldn’t run a hotel. If they can’t show a morsel of concern for a young baby and three exhausted people who arrive on the back of a tow truck (and the stress that entails) they shouldn’t be in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank VizzaVazza2013
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This is a great place to stay. The owners are super attentive to all needs and really friendly. The dinners are really nice and very generous. The owners love their hotel and take great pride in making sure that everyone's stay is really enjoyable. I can't rate it highly enough! (Sauna is a nice touch too after a day of hard skiing).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple