“Awesome Strudel - coffee pretty good also”

Strudel-Cafe Kroell
Ranked #3 of 13 Dessert in Innsbruck
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2017

If you are a someone who likes strudel and in different varieties you should stop here - every day in fact. Good thing we were only in town one day!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped here in the afternoon. This place is pretty small and gets crowded. We were lucky to get a table in the back. We had cherry/chocolate and pear/plum strudels and sacher cake, all of it was tasty. Also caffe was good. The waitress was really nice.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

How excited we were when we saw this cafe, so we ordered 2 pieces of apple strudel, coffee and hot chocolate. No where on the menu did it say it contained nuts and I only found that out with my first spoonful. I am not allergic to nuts, I just don’t like them. I tried to eat around them, poking and hoking out pieces of apple. Disappointing to say the least, but the strudel was stodgy, heavy and certainly not pleasant. More cake texture than strudel. The waitress just said each baker had their own recipe, which I understand, but it certainly didn’t warn me. Thankfully we tried more strudel in other parts of Austria which were much better...this one was definitely the worst.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We've found ourselves wandering in here a few times and then we always face the dilemma ................... what to order!
@ Mariana, I actually like their Äffel Strudel but each to their own taste.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee and strudel. Loads of varieties sweet and savoury. I had peach, mango and ricotta and it was really nice.