“Nice Duck and great service”
Review of Bangkok

Bangkok
Ranked #52 of 646 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Bedford, Texas
“Nice Duck and great service”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stopped in to Bangkok on a Thursday, it was totally packed and I did not have a reservation. The head service guy went out of his way to get me a table. He was awesome about accommodating me. I had the pork satay, it was perfect. Big, thin slices of pork and the peanut sauce had a little bit of kick. The red duck curry was AMAZING. The waiter made it a little bit spicy for me and it was cooked perfectly. 2 courses and a coke for 23 Euro with great service and nice food.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank BrianSip

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Salzburg, Austria
“Take-away just as good!”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I recommend a reservation as they always hit capacity. We were forced to get take-away but still found the food really delicious and were even treated to some apple juice whilst waiting for your food!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Joseph T
Seeb, Oman
“Another fusion confusion - just do one thing and do it well!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Ah, another one of these 'kind of' Asian restaurants. Labelled as Thai, Japanese food available, chefs and waiters....Chinese, it's nothing against this restaurant, but it's all a bit of a mish-mash , it's very hard to find decent Asian food in Austria, they seem to throw everything at you in a ' we don't want to specialise so let's serve Chinese, Thai and Japanese' - not for me, do one thing and do it well. The food I had tasted very similar to the Chinese meal we had the week before close to the NH Salzburg. It was ok, but for this to be the third best restaurant in town. The only city in Europe where I've had really good Asian food is London ( ok, and Birmingham), but Austria, the ingredients are not as fresh, the choice is limited, the client base is, how shall I say this...more traditional? Stick some noodles on a plate, soy sauce, bean shoots, broccoli and a few mushrooms and there you go, the Austrians will eat anything...oh and don't forget the sushi! I just saw an advert for a restaurant in Salzburg, wait for it....Pakistani food., which sounds great! But, they kill it by advertising themselves as 'Pakistani and Italian specialities...' Bitte nicht!!!

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank ChangiChap
Cheadle Hulme, United Kingdom
“Affordable good quality”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We went because a lot of Salzburg restaurants seem to be very expensive or touristy. This one is in the middle of a residential area which seems a bit odd when trying to find it! However, the food was very nice and service friendly. I wouldn't say it was brilliant compared to other Thai restaurants I've been to but it was good.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank shadeofshyness
“Don't Miss It!”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Myself and my girlfriend who are both lovers of thai food recently visited this restaurant based on TA recommendations.It's a nice traditional thai restaurant with a warm feel.We had three courses each,all different and not disappointed by any.There was a good mixture of local and tourists present when we there on a Sunday evening.The owner was a pleasant man and the service was a good.Just a note to add,when we were heading out for a cigarette we were offered an ashtray and told to smoke away!!!,wow!.Not sure if this is the norm in Salzburg but I don't think so.For lovers of thai food you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank GOS11