“Pretty decent cafe across the Hotel Bristol”
Review of Cafe Classic

Cafe Classic
Ranked #15 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 18 January 2018

The cafe itself is quite a comfortable and spacious one. Strikes me as quite crowded by tourists at all hours of the day - we were lucky to sit at a booth table.

We went here to have some breakfast and get our caffeine fix. This was going to be our first taste of Austrian coffee which has received high praise by my colleagues and friends alike.

Ms Wine ordered: bread, croissant, orange jam, butter, and soft-boiled egg. The bread was fresh and tasty - nothing special. Orange jam was a bit too sweet for our liking. Soft-boiled egg came out nicely with a gooey yolk (as you'd hope) so you can dunk your bread into it. But the highlight was definitely the croissant that came out fresh from the oven. Light, crispy and flakey on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Quite a tasty croissant indeed.

I ordered: ham, salami and cheese, white roll, brown bread, butter, a soft-boiled egg. Again, the bread was quite nice, but nothing special. The slices of salami/ham/cheese were just as tasty but nothing to write home about. Egg - same as above.

We had the americano which was better than the usual americanos we have here in London. And the Viennese coffee was similar to that of a mocha. The quality of the coffees was pretty good.

I'm not used to the unusually high price that most cafes charge for breakfast in Salzburg, but it seemed like most places were charging around the same for something like the above. 8 euros for Ms Wine's breakfast, 10 euros for mine.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stopped in here on a cold day in December, as with many other cafes it was pretty busy and we were lucky to find a seat straight away.

Service was very good with all of the the staff working very hard to keep the customers happy.

I really enjoyed the goulash, although the portion was a little small. Coffee was also good.

Would visit again

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I visited Cafe Classic for breakfast on the last morning of my holiday to Salzburg - The cafe was busy but after a 2 minute wait we grabbed a table. The staff were rushed off their feet but so very plesant and helpful at the same time. Between me and my family we ordered various dishes, all of which were really tasty. Generally speaking, I wouldn't go to the cafe in you're in need of something 'quick' or if you're in a rush, but if you have time, it's worth the visit.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Visited mid morning for coffee, had to wait ages to get served, the guy serving was quite unfriendly when I politely asked if I could order. When the waitress eventually reached us, they had no soya, or milk alternative so only one of us could have a coffee. This was nicely presented in a nice cup.
Nice atmosphere, but we won't be able to go back unless they start stocking soya.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I visited this place before I took a tour of the Mozart Wohnhaus next door. The food is delicious, the staff is nice, and the interior is warm and cozy. I would definitely recommend it!