“Wonderful place”

Cafe Classic
Ranked #12 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I visited this place before I took a tour of the Mozart Wohnhaus next door. The food is delicious, the staff is nice, and the interior is warm and cozy. I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

In search of a decent breakfast, we happened upon Cafe Classic located in Mozart's Residence. The menu on display on the street suggested that we could still have breakfast at 11:30am. We found seating on the outside back patio. Cappuccinos, orange juices, real scrambled eggs, croissants and other breakfast pastires made for a wonderful brunch. At a highly tourist-oriented restaurant, it was a pleasant surprise that the bill for three people was only 40.80 euros. The waitress attitudes were mixed...one friendly and happy, the other grumpy and scowling. Our overall dining experience was very good, and we would definitely recommend and return.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

On a day trip to Satzburg, this was great place for lunch.
Away from the city centre crowds, the Café Classic is next to Mozart's birthplace on the other side of the river.
The décor is traditional, and the service and food were excellent. The menu is not extensive (or expensive) so my wife and I just had schnitzels with chips, but they were well cooked and really tasty.
Most diners were locals, and they clearly know what a good cafe it is.
Much recommended.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

When we have entered into this place the waitresses were not replying anything or even saying "hello". So we were asking them for places to sit but they just disappeared and forgot us. After many re-asking we deciced to leave because they were very unfrienly with us. Never again.

1  Thank deejaypitbull
Reviewed 5 March 2017

After Visiting the building where the Mozart family moved to, I found a café/restaurant next door. The interior was smart and nicely furnished. They had a selection of the Austrian newspapers that the diners could borrow. Thankfully, the staff spoke English, and I was given an English version of the menu. So I had a small Steigl beer, two frankfurters with tarragon mustard, and shredded horseradish (phew the horseradish made my eyes water!). Well it would not be right to finish the meal without a desert and coffee. I had the delicious Mozarttorte, and a Cappucino. All for the price of €15.90. The waitress was very polite, so I was more than pleased to leave a tip. The clientele were of mix of ages. A vegetarian option was also available. I found the experience enjoyable.