“Good Value for Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Geidorf
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Trattoria Siena is an above average Italian restaurant not far from the center of town. It's about a 10 minute street car ride on the no. 4 or 5. Its lunch specials are a very good value and run between 8-10 euro. The specials include bread, soup or salad, and a main course. The service is quick and efficient, and the ambiance is pleasant.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I have been several times (>10) to this place in the last 2-3 years and I have even recommended this place to friends because the pizza is relatively good.
Nevertheless, during my last visit with other 5 friends (also reviewed below by a friend), an unpleasant episode happened: I have asked for the spicy oil and I got a bottle that was full and closed with a sealing cap (probably homemade mixing of chili and oil).
As soon as I tried to open the bottle, it literally exploded and several drops spilled out in every direction. Honestly, it is the first time that I see something like that with oil but I can guess that the chili has fermented inside (probably the oil was also gone bad).
Unfortunately most of the drops went on my shirt that had something like 20 spots (some of those bigger than a 2euro coin). I promptly closed the bottle that in the meantime spilled oil also on the table that we imemdiately covered with napkins to prevent the oil from leaking to the ground.
After that, I have called the waitress that was really sorry and proposed to bring the shirt to the laundry and come back with the bill. Nevertheless, after 2 minutes the waitress came back to inform us that the owner declined to pay for the laundry.
Then we asked to talk with the owner and he showed up saying ironically “what do you want to me to buy you a new shirt?” and saying that he is not responsible for what happens in his restaurant. After an absurd and useless discussion (in front of all the other customers), we finished our pizza and we left. Actually the situation was pretty clear: the oil bottle was still leaking and my shirt had like 20 oil spots.
His behaviour was like we were trying to fraudulently extort money from him. Honestly, it would have been sufficient for the owner to apologize (since the cost of the laundry is probably less than a pizza). We found his behaviour extremely unprofessional (to accuse the customers of lying) and also not clever: we have been in this restaurant 10-20 times always in 6-12 people, I let you calculate how many thousand euro we had already spent and we would have been still spending there if it wasn’t for his behaviour.
I found also interesting that he still keeps accusing us of lying also on tripadvisor as answer to the review of one friend that was with me that night.
Definitely, I will not go this place anymore and I recommend to everybody to stay away from it.

1  Thank nicola z
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Needing a change from Austrian food we tried Italian for lunch. We took salads and appreciated the freshness of the food. This was followed by tiramisu which was average and a very good fruity panacotta.

The espresso that finished the meal was excellent. We paid 47€ which was a little high compared to other meals we had eaten in the City.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The Trattoria Siena is a superb Italian restaurant with an excellent location to soak up the sun. So its sun terrace is really something to keep in mind for the sun-loving folks here in Graz. The slogan of the Siena is therefore a piece of the Tuscany in the heart of Graz. Actually the location itself is in the northern part of Graz-Geidorf to be specific. The pizza here at the Trattoria Siena is very tasty and comes in large portions. Together with a Radler, this Austrian mix drink, half lemonade and half beer, I had the Mini Pizza, but it’s still big anyways. My Salami Pizza tastes delicious and reminds of the great pizzas I had in Italy. But of course they have pasta, seafood, and many other specialities from the Italian cuisine here. The staff is friendly and the WiFi works perfectly, and as mentioned already, the location is perfect for soaking up the sun.

From Graz with Love!
Dr. Dr. Immanuel Fruhmann

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We were tired on the way from Italy we've decided to stop in Graz. Choosing restaurant for family supper in the city you've never been is always a lottery. I choosed this one and we were very glad.
Nice quiet atmosphere, delicious food (plate of fish,seafood and veggies for parents, pizzas for kids), perfect and friendly service. I love them and I know we will come back one day.