“Language problems but good food”

L'Enoteca dei Ciclopi
Ranked #137 of 739 Restaurants in Graz
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innere Stadt
Reviewed 18 June 2017

The menu is written in both German and Italian. None of the staff could really converse in English or adequately explain any item on the menu. I was REALLY misinformed about their tomato and fish soup even though I went to great lengths of enquiry trying to determine whether it comprised more that tomatoes and fish. I asked twice whether it ONLY had fish and tomatoes and was assured "yes, only fish and tomatoes". This fell well short of what I was hanging out for but it was late and I was tired so I opted for the fish soup. When it arrived I was amazed and pleased to discover that it also incorporated mussels, baby clams, prawns and squid. It was exactly what I really wanted and it tasted delicious. My best advice to diners who can't speak either German or Italian is to order the Tomato and Fish Soup which should really be called "Seafood Soup" and it is a full meal in itself. It cost approx 16 euros and was reasonable value for money.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Kind staff, I found a very fine cuisine and unusual dishes. I appreciated the use of truly Sicilian products and the fish. Also good wine.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

The small restaurant in the city center of graz offers you really amazing italian / sicilian food. You can choose from tuesday to friday from the "menu completo" (soup&pasta&salat). It was really tasty and a nice atmosphere. Real italian staff with amazing good food.

1  Thank 8Pit
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Outstanding food, superb service. Best 'real' Sicilian food we've ever had. Imaginative, delicious, authentic. Homemade pasta. Seafood is not to be missed. If you only have one night in Graz, go here. Restaurant is small, so reservations recommended.

1  Thank West81
Reviewed 7 October 2016

We went last night for dinner and were so happy with our choice. This small spot is tucked away down a small arcade alley. The chef and his family are in charge and the meal was really extremely good. We had the antipasti plate and then a mouth-watering meat lasagna-the real deal not some North American concoction. The wine selection is great and the olive oil to accompany the bread: thick olive green elixir! We are returning tonight. Grazie.

3  Thank Alix K