See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2016

First of all the general impression is acceptable. The furnishing are good and in general it is a confortable appartment. However, there are some negative aspects your should know.
It was not very clean when we came: the kitchen, the windows, the balcony was really dirty.
There is a laundry downstairs, but it is a very dirty place too. Not the place I would like to clean my clothes.
Also, the customer service is not always good. Actually it depends on the woman who attends you. One of them is very nice, but the other one is very rough, not nice and I am even afraid to ask for information or assistance.
Finally, if you do not have a car, It is very far from everything... and the street you have to walk to go to the station or shopping is full of cars, trucks, noise and pollution.

I think they should take a better care of the installations and the customers. They have the potential, but they have to make some improvements.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Our adventure in this building has been terrible for different reasons:
1) when we arrived, on saturday at 13 p.m., the owner of the hotel wasn't there, so we called and we discovered that in the weekend the reception was closed when they didn't say nothing at the time of booking;
2) We choosed to pay by cash but the day before an email arrived to me from my bank where there was written that they already took the money(52€ of the room+3€ of city tax) from my bank account. We didn't like it.
3) The day that we must to go out, we were supposed to go away at 11a.m. but at 10:00 a.m. the cleaning woman went into the room and we had many difficulties to tell her that we could go out from 11a.m. because both she and the man who was with her didn't speak english.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alessandro L
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was good enough for our overnight stay and was affordable. The rooms were clean and secure. We did not eat at this hotel. The city is very nice and felt safe rooming the streets at 10pm. The city is worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Room where very dirty.
I had to clean the apartment when I arrived.
One of the staff members was very unfriendly, quite rude. It seemed like she was angry to have guests coming.

The fitness room is very outdated and the some machines have rust on them.
The sauna and Jacuzzi are under lockout.

Breakfast can be take only at strange hours( 8-10 am) and is not deserve to pay 8euro for it.
If you order breakfast and you will not eat it, you will get some reproach from staff

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MihaiBreaz
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Blümel is pretty much the cheapest Place to live in Graz. I booked a full month's stay for a business trip. I could only bear 10 Days.
First of all the room smelled intensely of cigarette smoke when I got there. No mentioning of it being a smoker's room. The smell left after a few Days of open windows, no big problem yet.

The biggest problems for a business traveller are really two. One: The reception is only open 08-17. This means if you have a job you will need to take an hour or so off, as you need to check into the reception to keep your room within 48 hours of getting there. I came there roughly 16:50 several Days and the staff had already gone home. Great.

The second huge problem is internet access. No WLAN. Only a cabled, extremely slow internet Connection. This needs to be refreshed each 2000mb. If you enjoy watching news or whatnot from your home country and make some Skype calls, this lasts roughly 1-2 nights. Then it needs to be refreshed for Another 2000mb at the price of 36 euros per refresh. This can not be done during weekends or nights. If you're in a Conference call or something: bad timing.

Another issue is location. It takes roughly 30 minutes to walk from Graz city center. On this way you need to pass all the way through the "slum" of Graz. During 5 Days I was offered drugs 3 times and watched two drug deals on the streets. The only good thing to say about this area is that if you are in dire need of Halal food you will never need to go hungry. No businesses in this area takes credit card and ATM's are of course not available.

The final Point is the staff. They are just as arrogant as you might suspect when they never seem to stay there until the actual closing time. Every Contact with them is painful. One day the lock on the door broke down and I had to call the off-hours receptionist that was available of phone. She told me "maybe" someone would come to unlock the door for me and Another traveller who couldn't come in. No promises. NO PROMISES? We were locked out from the hotel we had paid for!!!
After roughly an hour a girl who looked 14 years old and only spoke german came and unlocked. With my very limited german language skills I Heard her saying we can only get in once because she wouldnt let the door stay open and they wouldnt pay someone to fix it the same night. Great. I managed to convince her boss that it was not a very good solution however, thank god.

The only time I would ever concider this is when passing through Town so I could arrive late, sleep and leave early. Any Contact with the neighborhood or staff would be enough for me to pay the double to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business