“Great schnitzel for an Italian place!”
Review of Il Centro

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Innere Stadt
Reviewed 27 October 2017

It's not often I leave a TripAdvisor review - but I loved this place and they really deserve this feedback!

I am here on a business trip and came to Il Centro as it looked like a nice and welcoming atmosphere. They were able to find me a table straight away in a cosy corner. All the members of staff were very understanding that my German was very poor and that I would rather speak English, and the service was excellent. It was also helpful that the menu also had an English translation - something I generally haven't seen elsewhere so it was appreciated!

Despite it being an Italian restaurant (usually my favourite cuisine) I ordered the more traditional schnitzel and fries. It was delicious.

All the staff were very friendly, especially the chef who brought me my food - perhaps just because I was on my own! I had a main course and a large beer for well under €20 - so I was pretty chuffed with the value for money. I will be back!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Restaurant is located in a square. We were sitting outside. Italian menu with a rather mediocre selection. Pizze good, grilled calamari good. The quality is heading towards a tourist place and so are the prices. With these prices you could eat across at the L'Osteria which has a nicer setting.

2  Thank Steirasepp
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

If you are going here then don't take the entrecôte it was not so good. But the capresa (starter) was good

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The pizzas and pasta are very good and tasty. Prices are absolutely fair. Waiters are lovely, the restaurant its very romantic and in the middle of Graz. I will recommend to make a reservation to go there. GRAZIE IL CENTRO

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Initially pleasant. Good service and reasonable food. Our issue was with the bill. When we handed over €100 expecting €15 in change so we could leave a tip the waiter grabbed the money, laughed, turned his back and didn't give us a backward glance. There was no intention of bringing back the change. To add insult to injury the bill was exorbitantly high for what we had so probably already included a service fee. Outrageous! Much better options elsewhere. Don't go there!

luigji k, Manager at Il Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear Sir,
we are really sorry about this misunderstanding! For sure our waiter didn't want to take the 15€, he surely thought it was a tip! Also he is not so fluent in English and probably didn't understand what, how much or even if u expected to get the money back!
We feel very sorry about your, in the end not so good impression....
Also we think it's pretty unfair to not ask immediately for the money or tell us your problem but to hide with your criticism in the internet.
Ad bill: we serve food and drinks of very high quality, we have employees to pay, and the rent is of course very high because it's a very famous place!
Please contact us so we can send you the 15€ back!
Il Centro Team