All reviews main gondola ski lockers salad cups and glasses spa and pool area breakfast and dinner a bit tired noisy at night ski shop helpful receptionist long queue fried eggs small pool hotel bar plenty of choice ski holiday excellent location
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Location, location, location! Comfortable hotel, located a five minute walk from the main gondola. Adjoining the hotel is a ski shop with very friendly staff - we hired our skis here. The restaurant & bar overlooks the black slope and the path of the main gondolas. The beds are comfortable, as were the rooms. In places the rooms could do with a touch up, but to be honest, for a week of skiing it didn't matter. There were 13 in our group - everyone enjoyed the hotel. We stayed on a half-board basis & enjoyed a very varied buffet at breakfast & dinner. The chef made Micky Mouse pancakes for the kids, which were a hit. There is a pool downstairs, with a gym & jacuzzi - great to relax in after a day on the slopes. The children were entertained with football tables near the bar area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the slops.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Toni V, Manager at Hotel Piolets Soldeu Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Orla, I would like to thank you for the time you spent sharing your opinion about your stay at Hotel Piolets Soldeu Center. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three days with my partner and friends for a skiing break. The location is superb, food is good and the staff are friendly, smiley and go out of their way to help... Ok, so the rooms are a little tired and dated but you really don't spend a lot of time in your room as you should be out there experiencing the great outdoors (or the bar, or the shops!!). Seriously, you should stay in this hotel, I'll definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lara F
Reviewed 22 March 2017

i was a bit dubious about staying at this hotel after reading some of the previous reviews, but my doubts were soon found to be groundless.

I was in a party of 9 guys all of similar age of 50+ & we were soon whisked through booking in at reception and up to our rooms, I was in large double room (No 235) ensuite with twin beds, plenty of space & comfortable beds, small fridge & wardrobe space, TV (BBC international news only) with a view overlooking the main street which came to be a major bug bear due to the late night noise / music coming from the HARPS (Irish) bar opposite until about 02:00, in which we asked for a move to another room at the rear of the hotel facing the ski slope, but all were taken & was the only fault with the room though they are well used, also it is a central hotel just a short distance from the ski lift shops etc. The cleaning staff were also very friendly with a genuine smile & a HOLA when passing.

At meal times there was always a great selection of food & plenty of it & all the waiting staff were very helpful, friendly & always with a smile, with the english speaking staff mostly young girls were good for a laugh & a bit of banter from us guys despite them being very busy.

The only restaurant problems was the coffee/tea making machines which were the kind where you had to press a selection & press a button to get your drink (mocca/expresso/tea etc) & it used to take forever to get a drink, as people were getting two cups as they were only small & long queues used to develop, so it would have been better to have large coffee / Tea urns etc to manage the deluge as there must have been 120+ trying to get fed at one time, (a nice idea but not for large numbers!!!)
Also it was the same problem for getting fried eggs / omelets on a morning as they were all cooked to order by a chef on a griddle plate, so you would get another long queue building up with your b/fast getting cold, so it would have been better to have someone in the kitchen cooking a large tray of fried eggs for the hotplate & do the omelets on the griddle plate. Oh!! & the baked beans were always lukewarm? (great local black pudding)

The hotel spa is a great bonus after a days skiing with a steam/sauna rooms, Jacuzzi, small pool & well equipped gym, also you could order various massages via the reception 60 euro for 1 hour, which i used as on my first day on the slopes I got severe cramps in my thighs, so i didn't ski for 2 days as my muscles hurt that much & I was very glad I could use the spa to get myself sorted, in which the young girl in charge of the spa was also very knowledgeable, helpful & also friendly with good english & made good suggestions as to what facilities for me to use to help my legs.

So would I stay again at the Piolet? Yes I would & we enjoyed it very much in which i always tried my to use my bit of useless Spanish, which i believe all the the staff appreciated?? :-0 All the staff from the beginning at the reception right through to our departing were all very helpful & friendly & went out of their way to help you.

Room Tip: Get a room at the rear of the hotel facing the slopes as you're away from all the bar noise.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The hotel rooms are fairly tired, don't look too closely and you'll be okay, but at the end of the day assuming you came to ski then you'll only be sleeping!

Hotel facilities are good, large sauna and steam room, with a swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym available.

Buffet style breakfast and dinner with a very large range of food available to keep you stocked up.

Hotel is located a few minutes walk from either the main lift up or if that is too busy then there is another chair lift you can take.

General areas of the hotel are clan and tidy, nice large reception area, with a sun terrace which looks directly onto the slope. There are 2 pool tables, table football and a couple pinball machines all within the bar area for your evening wind down.

Hotel is also located right on the high street, step out of the hotel and straight into one of the bars.

There is also a ski hire centre located within the hotel for convenience.

Overall a very pleasant stay, I would most definitely return if returning to Soldeu to ski the large and varied ski area!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Toni V, Manager at Hotel Piolets Soldeu Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your stay at Hotel Piolets Soldeu Center. We value your opinion, since the suggestions of our guests are of great help to improve both the facilities and the services we offer.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon in our hotel

Carlos Torres
Hotel manager

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Nice size rooms, clean although dated. Service was mainly very good with friendly staff.
Food was very good, nice selection on the buffet morning & evening.
There is a pool & gymnasium but i cant comment on those as i was to tired after all the skiing to try them out!
Small bar which sometimes took a while to get served depending on the time of day. But it did have a nice long balcony to sit at & watch the slopes whilst having a nice beverage.
I would recommend it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Toni V, Manager at Hotel Piolets Soldeu Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the Hotel Piolets Soldeu Center. We value your opinion very much, because the suggestions of our clients help us to improve. The next time you will come to our hotel we we´ll be very pleased to give you a room with mountain view. Try to contact us previously.
We hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel.
Best Regards,