“Favorite ”

Price range: US$35 - US$69
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family run fresh and all homemade spanish tapas bar and restaurant, bbq grilled meats, authentic mountain rice, Kitchen open from 13:00 till 15:00 and from 19:30 till 22:30.Good selection of house wines. Not to forget a wide range of homemade deserts that vary every day. Lovely out door terrace in summer. Closing day Is on monday in summer season and sunday in winter season. Reservation recomended.
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Visited twice this year on ski break, we love the Goats cheese salad, garlic king prawns and foie gras are amazing. Really enjoyable, food delivered as and when which is nice when you have different flavours.

Very friendly waiter and owner, will definitely return next year.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Really small restaurant, only 6 tables I think so make sure you book! We had 4 tapas and they were all delicious, wine list is good. We stuck to the seafood options, snails, octopus (which was the best I have had in a LONG time), prawns and bread. Highly recommend this one, we ate at 3 different ones before this and would go back in a heart beat. Really friendly service too.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We visited twice during our February ski holiday. For truly authentic and unusual Tapas this delightful small restaurant is hard to beat. We shall definitely be returning yet again. Don’t forget to book well in advance as it is deservedly very popular.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

The service couldn’t be faulted and very friendly staff. Unfortunately the food wasn’t great we found it to be missing in flavour and quite greasy.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Wow...what can I say about Taverna de la Iaia? Only good things. And I have Sport Hermitage to thank for that, which was the Hotel I stayed at in Soldeu, Andorra, last July. They recommended the restaurant to us, and I’m glad they did! Taverna de la Iaia was a quick two-minute walk from the hotel, but their tapas was absolutely mind blowing. The decor of the restaurant was nothing to write home about, with several high-top tables and bar seating. But the real magic happened behind the open kitchen. And yes, they had an open kitchen! I’m a total dork for open kitchens. Our waiter was one of the most memorable people I have ever encountered. He was simply a kind, genuine soul, happy to be serving you and seemed content with his life. His happiness was so contagious that it truly rubbed off on us. He was on top of his game, never missing a beat, and even though he spoke limited English - we didn’t care. We must have ordered about six or seven tapas but the most memorable ones were the patatas bravas and the sauced up chicken wings. I only wished my memory served me better on the other dishes but unfortunately it has been quite some time since last August, and my mind has gotten fuzzy. But I did recall how every one of those tapas were to die for. I guess I never knew what true, authentic tapas were until I find myself in Andorra. To end the night, we left a generous tip for our waiter. The joy on his face was definitely felt throughout all of us. He was so happy that he joked he’ll go spend it on beer after his shift. Note to self: Must get back to Andorra soon and hit up Taverna de la Iaia. After this experience, I would say it has earned a spot in my list of favorite restaurants of all time.

2  Thank Kiki L
Tavernadelaiaia, Gerente at Restaurant Taverna De La IAIA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Thank you so very much for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you soon again here in Soldeu.