All reviews sized bed comfortable king porter service spa tub your luggage tech massage shower
Reviewed 25 January 2018

We spent one night in room 208. The room was clean, very well decorated and large, with a comfortable king sized bed, hi-tech massage shower, spa tub and lots of space for your luggage. The room did not have a view, though.
Porter service is provided. Also free wifi and parking facilities in a nearby car park.
There is an expansive breakfast - actually the best buffet breakfast I have had in a long time!
Very welcoming, charming and helpful receptionist in the afternoon.
The hotel is well located on one of the main streets which is a bonus.
Can't comment on value for money as our stay was a 50th birthday present.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Natalia C, Propietario at A Casa Canut Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank You!!!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Good service, spacious rooms, good food and excellent service
Suitable for the whole family and very romantic
We are always happy to return to this hotel or send our customers to it.
It's always a good choice

Stayed: July 2017
Natalia C, Propietario at A Casa Canut Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank You!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

As an international resident of La Vella since a few years, I have had the opportunity to visit Casa Canut surely a dozen times. The food is great in taste and superb in quality & presentation catering to the deepest wallets and least price sensitive and most demanding guests.

BUT -

Casa Canut appears to have a policy, at least as experienced as an English speaking client, of systematic "errors" on billing, always to the disadvantage to the guest. I have experienced dishes added by "mistake", incorrect priced dishes on the bill, the wrong (more expensive) dish billed, a lower valued vintage of wine priced the same as the higher valued vintage "out of stock", an expensive wine with Chardonney reccomended when asked for a non-chardonney recommendation or - as on my latest bill, the catch of the day, recommended without price indication and then charged at over €54per person for three persons - a new all-time high for me for a non- Michelin star restaurant and clearly no where near value for money. Not that I care about the cost but it's the way they systematically go about trying to maximize their bills that puts me off. Even if they always appear apologetic when they get called out.

Anyway, if you like good food, decent (not great) service in a place with nice ambiance and can stay sober enough to check (or care about) the bill closely, and don't mind complaining - then Casa Canut is worth a visit. Me? - I've for sure been there for the last time, eventhough I walk past it every day and will gladly do so.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Natalia C, Propietario at A Casa Canut Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank You!!

Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

I love the ambiance, service and food in Casa Canut.
Even though it's a bit expensive, but it's totally worth it. The rooms are amazing, each of them are designed differently. Jacuzzi is for two people and each room has a king size bed in it. One can choose the style of the room he wants to stay in

Stayed: May 2016
Natalia C, Propietario at A Casa Canut Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Thank You!!!

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

There may as well be a sign outside saying wheelchairs not welcome despite this so called five star hotel advertising itself as disabled friendly.
Only way in has steps up from the street, steps up from reception, doorways in the rooms not wide enough for a standard wheelchair, no access to the toilets at the restaurant, you guessed it...steps, and no access to the bar, you guessed again...steps. The staff offered to carry me, but I'm a grown adult and was trying to celebrate a romantic valentines night with my husband. Felt like a nuisance having to complain about my inconsiderate disabled requirements and consequently was a real passion killer.
My advice...give it a wide berth, they are still touring themselves as wheelchair friendly despite my insisting they stop immediately. The restaurant was pants too, overpriced and not even a shoddy 3 star rating from me.
Big disappointment.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lyndsay A
Natalia C, Propietario at A Casa Canut Hotel Gastronomic, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2016

It was all a misunderstanding due to the Bookings description. We have rectified the error. We have explained it and we have apologized in a personal email. Your complaint has been served. So, we thinks this message on Tripadvisor is vengeful.