“It was good, but nothing too memorable”

Restaurant Tequilando
Price range: US$22 - US$48
Description: Mexican modern restaurant that offers its facilities in comfort, tranquility, and especially the flavor of Mexico in every dish.
Reviewed 25 August 2016

The atmosphere is not what I was expecting, definitely more fusion than Mexican. Starters were good: ceviche, guacamole and my husband had a soup that he enjoyed. Main courses were fresh and served on corn tortillas that were tasty. I had 2 margaritas which were small but good. I read a previous review saying the rim was done in sugar, but mine was salt as expected. I have nothing negative to say about the dining experience, but there is not anything to make this experience stand out for me. I will go again and explore the menu a bit more.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Tequilando

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

The food had good flavor and reasonable portion sizes. The drinks were odd though. We got margaritas which should be easy for a Mexican place, but it seemed like they had seen a picture of a margarita once and tried their best to figure out what was in it without the benefit of the internet. It seemed like their was less than a shot each (keep in mind their name IS "tequilaland"), there was sugar on the rim instead of salt, and lemon instead of lime. If you are American the service will seem painfully slow, but I think it is the norm for the area.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

iIs not the typical "exotic fast food" don't expect a place pretending to be an old tacos house. Cook is a real career cook. Food very good and the attention is very personal.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

A restaurant that has been open for about four months. It is the only restaurant of its kind La Massana. I fusion of Mexican and nouvelle cuisine! The food is good and fresh produce is used which is great. A balanced menu and wine list. If you want a quick meal do not go here, as the service is leisurely.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

So I waited a week to go to this new Mexican-Fusion restaurant at La Massana - Andorra (as the week before was fully booked). and I ended up feeling very disappointed. We were lucky enough to be the first ones to arrive just before 9 PM, so this gave us the quickest service possible for sure.

We wanted to start with typical mexican things, so margarita frozen was our first choice, unfortunately the worst margarita of my life, no taste, no tequila, very watery, just a shame, as it was not a good sign on things to come.

For starters: jalapeños rellenos, pretty good actually, quesadillas chi-cha-cho (chicharron,champiñion & chorizo), again, pretty good, and some very difficult to eat nachos as the cheese sticked them all together, so a difficult task, but good taste,and real tasty meat strips; at this point, I was still trying to finish my margarita as the ice was too thick and just hating every single drop of it, but, the starters were ok, so......

Enchiladas for me, 2 enchiladas gratinadas for other 2 and some tacos for the 4th person in our party. The taste of the chicken was like if it has been boiled, taste less, white, no flavor at all, no spices, warm dish, not hot enough and wine was deficient.

Overall, not a good start from my point of view, there were 4 of us and to tell you the truth, it is very difficult that 4 persons with different county backgrounds, can have the same bad opinion on a meal. Maybe we are not knowledgeable enough on Mexican food, or maybe we are..... I've tried several Mexicans around the world, even others in Andorra, and this one is the worst so far; if they don't change their dishes, it's not going to end well.

For sure I can tell the intentions of the owners are good, this is a nice restaurant, but food is not great, and it really lacks from Mexican spirit.

2 of 5, I really hope they improve so I can go back and enjoy a better Mexican dinner with my friends and girlfriend.