All reviews secret escapes ski hire valet service interior decor dental kit five star hotel very nice hotel speak french days skiing ski area shuttle bus good sized rooms long journey public parking breakfast buffet cold meats very reasonable price
Reviewed 30 May 2018

My husband and I booked a week's skiing via Secret Escapes to stay from the 4th February to the 11th February 2018 at the Plaza Hotel. We had a superb Holiday and the people in the Hotel were all so lovely and very helpful. I enjoyed the food, choice of wines and Spa and I loved the interior decor and art in the Hotel. The staff were always so accommodating and my husband and I had a very special time here. The Skiing was great, we were very lucky as we had a lot of snowfall throughout our stay. The Hotel as part of our trip provided transport each day to and from the resort. The Hotel is very central to shops and other Bars and restaurants in the area. They were very organised and had all our paperwork Ski passes etc. ready upon arrival. I hope we can both return again in 2019 and I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a beautiful hotel with great Skiing and something memorable. Thank you to all of the staff at the Hotel Plaza and to Secret Escapes for more great memories. Regards Lillian and Michael

Room Tip: Have a door between your room and internal balcony to reduce any noise.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Marta P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you very much for his amiability and to recommend our hotel, let's hope that you return.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Enjoyable stay at this nice hotel 3 nights. Our spacious deluxe room was great! Lovely terrace with mountain view from 6th floor. High quality towels and bathrobes (a big plus) . Unique bath amenities not usually found at hotels (makeup remover, deodorant, dental kit, as well as other expected toiletries). There is a BEO-play speaker in the room, I couldnt figure out how to use it even after downloading the app, but its probably good. We were on a half board plan. Breakfast was very good, lots of fresh fruit. Dinner was good. Efficient dining room staff. Reception staff very helpful and friendly. I contacted the hotel prior to our visit , and had the pleasure to meet Maria , who is even more courteous in person :-) The location is great for shopping. I did not get a chance to use the spa, so nothing to write about that. Our stay was enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Marta P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you very much for his sincere and nice comments.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Great central location, friendly & helpful staff, nice breakfast (impressive cheese variety) and good gym. Although we didn't go in, The jaccuzzi/pool area looked really nice.
A very comfortable & pleasant place to stay in at Andorra la vella!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Marta P, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for his nice comments and we hope that it returns to trust in us. Regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Plaza Hotel is not a typical ski hotel but very much a city centre hotel. If you’re not bothered about apres ski or ski in ski out accommodation then this hotel is an ideal alternative. Being right in the centre of Andorra La Vella there are lots of shops to wander round in the early evening before dinner. The staff of the hotel couldn’t be better. From the reception to the bar, the restaurants, spa and cleaners are some of the most helpful, pleasant and friendly people I have ever encountered in a hotel. Nothing is too much trouble and they are so willing to help. The rooms although dated are very comfortable and the food is beautiful. Having travelled with Secret Escapes, we were on a package deal but were treated the same as the other guests who were presumably paying a lot more. The shuttle bus to Encamp to access the ski area was always on time and provided daily 10 minute transfers.
Many thanks for a most enjoyable stay to all at the Plaza Hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Abz8dp
Marta P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your candid review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Was a lovely stay, but wouldn’t consider it a 5* hotel because when it was cleaned we found hairs in the bath from the cleaners and some of the furniture needed replacing. We booked through secret escapes and stayed for 4 nights mainly for skiing, which was great in the Grandvalira area. I would recommend coming when the saxophone festival is on as we found there wasn’t much to do in the evenings otherwise. However, the staff were all lovely and very helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple