“best food in andora”
Review of La Cupula

La Cupula
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cocina creativa de autor.
Reviewed 7 January 2013

fantastic gastronomique hotel in crown plaza hotel. great service and wonderful food, michelin star must be on its way

Marta P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Cupula, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments, the staff of the restaurant works hard to satisfy all the customers. We hope to see you soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We had dinner at La Cupula. They had only a set menu with a choice of three entrees, mains and desserts. We found the options a little limited although the food was quite good. I'm not sure that it is deserving of the no.1 restaurant in Andorra de Vella as we did not eat anywhere else. It certainly wasn't the best dining experience for us. Service was very good and the atmosphere is ok.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

My partner and I have been exerting a big effort to look for restaurants that stand out of the normal pork and oily food; we have only discovered a handful.

We enjoyed this restaurant for these reasons:

1. The host spoke English, French and Spanish. He was very pleasant and explained all our dishes very well. He was polite and knew when to make small talk and when to leave us to enjoy our meal, and was very professional.

2. The food was AMAZING! They served us four canapé dishes that was tailored to our diet (my partner is a pescetarian and I don't eat pork). My appetizer was so creatively put together it looked like a little garden on a plate (I ordered a seafood carpaccio). My Main was veal which was so tender and perfectly cooked that it just melted in my mouth, they did cook it for 8 hours in the oven. The dessert literally tasted like like Toffifee (the candy) which was like a rave party in our mouth, wasn't too sweet and didn't make you feel like you needed to go straight to the gym after.
They also served us cotton candy and something that tasted like marshmallows, but was put together to look like a tree with a nest and eggs, it was the most creative thing I've seen. My favorite thing about all of this is A. Everything tasted superb and, B. Everything on my plate was edible (garnishes, flowers and the such).

3. Atmosphere
It was very romantic. The lighting was just right and the tables were very spacious. It was simple, cozy and elegant all at the same time.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a creative, excellant and more than satisfying meal.

-Thehappystomach.com

1  Thank Katrina R
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Not much for 1 with Hotel restaurants, lack off deco style.

1  Thank aromemibe
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed at Hotel Plaza Andorra with my family and our gastronomic experience at La Cupula restaurant was fantastic! Each dinner was a surprise! Every day, the three courses menu changed. The Chef is very creativeI I read that he is young, but he really turned the tradicional catalan cuisine in a fusion of flavors. The maitre - Mr. Javier - is the soul of the La Cupula! He was always in a good mood!!! He is kind, attentive, polite and speaks English, French, Catalan and Castellano. He explained each detail´s menu with "expertise" and accuracy. We loved each dinner at La Cupula!

1  Thank rosanasp