See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2007

We booked a two week self catering holiday at the Apollo Hill Apartments which are off the main Paphos to Coral Bay Road, turning right at the traffic lights by the Angelika Restaurant (about 5km from Paphos). The apartments are on the right, about 250 yards from the junction up a very steep hill which could pose difficulties for disabled persons or anyone with health problems if they are not in a car or taxi. We arrived by hire car at the apartments in the late evening. The weather was very hot as expected and the small reception area was stifling, without any air conditioning. After booking in I was shocked to find that in order to use the air conditioning and hire the safe in the studio apartment for the fortnight I had to pay out £42 Cyprus pounds, (the safe was £7 per week). I did ask the lady who was in charge for discount for the safe which she advised she could not do but did offer to put any documents that we had in her own personal safe for no charge which was very kind of her, unfortunately she would not look after money so we ended up having to pay out for the safe after all. We were shown to the apartment which meant going up and down lots of steps (there are steps everywhere and no ramps (apart from a partial ramp to the reception) which meant lifting heavy suitcases up and down, again the lady in charge did offer to help which was kind of her. The apartment itself was quite large and airy although the air conditioning unit was very noisy. There was no kettle provided, I later found out that I could hire one from the reception but thought that I had paid out enough money already so bought an aluminium kettle to use on the stove which cost £3. Luckily there was a supermarket nearby on the main road where we purchased milk, bread etc as nothing was provided as a 'welcome pack'. The apartment was very basic but relatively clean, with two quite spacious wardrobes to hang clothing and put suitcases in, although one smelt a bit musty and had a broken back panel. I also saw that there was a 10 inches in diameter patch of plaster missing in a corner of the ceiling and there was also a dirty foot print on a wall which had not been cleaned off which I was not too happy about. There was an ensuite bathroom where I found that the shower curtain was dirty at the bottom and the grouting in the tiles was a bit grey which did put me off a little. There was a bin provided for used loo paper as it could not be flushed down the toilet due to small drains. The beds were very hard so beware if you have back problems. The rooms were cleaned on a regular basis, towels were changed twice during our stay as was the bed linen. The room was about 15ft away from the swimming pool area. The swimming pool was quite small but it was clean. It unfortunately closed at 6pm so we rarely used it as we were out and about most days not returning until after it had closed. The residents were quiet and we did not have any disturbed sleep even though we had people staying in the apartment above us and in the apartments on either side. On the whole our stay was pleasant and we did not come across any bugs in the room until the last evening when a large cockroach appeared in the wardrobe which gave us some hilarious moments as it got into the suitcase when we were packing....would I stay there again or recommend it to others? That is quite hard to answer. The staff were welcoming helpful and friendly, the apartment itself was bigger than some I have stayed in previously, the apartment was kept clean although it could have been cleaner on our arrival. The air conditioning was expensive as was the hire of the safe. I did not have any problems parking the hire car at the apartments as there was always space available and the area itself was quiet and peaceful although the road was quite noisy with vehicles 'revving' their engines to get up the hill. I would use Apollo Hill again although I intend to visit Cyprus again next year and use different accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank devonrexette
Reviewed 4 July 2007

Very good value for money. The apartments are very spacious although there is a long walk to the beach. We found this hotel hard to find but it is located just off the coral bay rd opposite St Georges. The staff are very friendly. Lots of clean towels and a beautiful pool, but no tv. We enjoyed are stay here.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family