All reviews air con bar street plenty of sunbeds minute walk pool area per day buffet breakfast is small oven a lovely relaxing week self catering taxi transfer stayed for two weeks arriving late washing up liquid apartments are spacious restaurants and bars cleaned every day
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Spent two weeks in pagona from 1st August until 15th this is our 7th visit, love it here, the staff at reception are so welcoming, the owners Georgia and stavros greet us with a hug and are so friendly, two brothers Andrea and neo and Freddie run the bar, all very friendly and always have time to chat, food excellent, pool excellent, room basic but very comfy and clean, beds made everyday as well as bins emptied, close to lots of bars and restaurants and harbour, I will be definitely be going back

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GillianH753
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I forgot how wonderful hotels were before all inclusive! I honestly approached this trip with trepidation as we have only ever gone 5 star with our 11 year old daughter. What an absolute breath of fresh air to find a small, family run and family friendly hotel where service and.standards mattered more than in a faceless chain. Instead of being up at the crack of to reserve sun beds, they were in abundance- only gripe was there weren't too many parasols, however there were plenty trees. To be asked how you'd like your eggs and not having to wait in a queue for eggs, a table etc were all adding to a stress free holiday. Yes, the rooms were dated 10 years ago and air con was an extra and necessary! Rooms were kept clean. The grounds were beautifully maintained and the pool was glorious. Shallow flowing through to standing depth with a bridge which amused young children and older folk alike! There's also a Jacuzzi pool and a small baby pool. The quality of the food was brilliant as was the service both day and night.Very, very reasonably priced. There's also a Friday night bbq with delicious dishes-all you can eat. Nearby is the Rugby Arms- quiz on a Thursday night which also ties in with steak night at The Genisis next door- don't judge the book by the cover...main road so dusty and no prizes for best looking pub/restaurant but very good quality food and popular with ex-pats. This hotel is very near the marina and nightlife (there is no entertainment at the hotel, which we liked) but far enough away for a peaceful break. I know that my expectation of a two star was not high, but I can honestly say, it's the best hotel I've stayed in for a very long time all thing's considered and I'd love to return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank hereicanseethesea
Reviewed 6 August 2018

the room. clean well laid out nice and cool after a day out. good clean and tidy pool and bar area staff wonderful ,very helpful i am disabled and every care was taken to help me when needed.not to far from airport at all so all in all 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank norman s
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

For this review I’m putting my requirements and experience down and this hotel is fully dependent on what sort of holiday you’re after. If you want to go on holiday and spend the whole day by the pool and want a lovely room/apartment I would suggest looking elsewhere. If you want a hotel that has all the amenities required, is clean and in a great location read on. We arrived very late at night and the receptionist was lovely to us, very welcoming and friendly even although it was 1am. We got to our room and it was large, open space and the facilities were a little basic but good enough. We visited in July when it was 32 degrees during the day and 27 at night and super humid. This makes a difference in the room because it felt like a sauna so if in similar temperatures I’d highly recommend that you invest in the air con. The air con is only in the bedroom but you will feel such a massive difference. We had a lovely pool view in C4 and it was great to chill on the balcony have a beer with that view. My biggest complaint about this hotel was the toilets, they’re kept clean and stuff that’s not the issue. The issue is that there is zero ventilation in them. If you’re in there for longer than 2 minutes you will sweat an insane amount! I felt like I needed a shower every time I brushed my teeth let alone do anything else! As I stated at the start we spent very little time in the room and really only used it to sleep and get showered/changed. So it was kept fairly clean. I didn’t like that the towels only got changed once in a week, especially since with the heat I was taking at least 2 showers a day! The bedding wasn’t an issue, that was very clean. However as a couple having two single beds pushed together wasn’t the most romantic. The pool here wasn’t the greatest for a couple of reasons, it was never cold(not in the slightest or even in the morning) by about 12 in the afternoon it was basically the temperature of a bath, which I realise is because of the crazy heat but in that heat you want to cool down! It also don’t feel too clean, if you went in about mid day the water felt sticky with everyone’s sun cream and sweat, it wasn’t pleasant. The only other issue I had with this hotel is a little hard to explain, pretty much all of the staff are so lovely and welcoming! The owner is just the sweetest old man, he walks around smiling and really cant do enough for you. The reception staff are lovely and always happy to chat and help you out. The daytime bar/pool staff are great and will wait on you hand and foot with a smile on their face. The evening bar man left a little to be desired. He came across as rude, unapproachable and like getting you a drink was a little inconvenient for him. I will state this wasn’t the case for all the guests. If you were a single girl(young or old) in a group of girls you definitely got a different level of service but as a couple that wasn’t the case and left us going out to other local bars for a drink instead of staying in our hotel. All in all for the price we paid the hotel was perfect and I’m not going to say it was a terrible experience, the location is great for being close to everything but also quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. For us it was perfect and with an exception of the few small things I’ve mentioned which weren’t huge but definitely worth a mention.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank George Andrew B
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel 2 weeks before we went. We have travelled to Paphos before so we knew what we were getting regards the resort and area itself. Booked Pagona through Tui for a reasonable price and were very happy with what we got. Room was spacious with a good kitchen area, better than we have found in other self catering apartments. The only issue we had was the gas for the oven was not working, this was solved almost immediately after visiting reception however as the gas canisters just needed changing. Paying for the aircon was a must given the 30°+ heat! Yes, the rooms could do with a good deep clean and a spruce up but for the price we were happy. The pool area was lovely with plenty of sunbeds although we were there just before the school holidays kicked in. The hotel bar by the pool was also a good. We never ate there, lots of people did though, we used it mainly for drinks throughout the day. An unexpected treat was the bar staff regularly popping round during the day to see if anyone wanted drinks whilst sunbathing. All of the staff were chatty and helpful.All in all would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple