4,089 results
All reviews royal garden bacco restaurant sea view half board beautiful hotel star hotel private beach kids club pool staff evening buffet indoor pool welcome drink guest relations a la carte restaurants turn down service tennis courts nothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 10 June 2015

We have just returned from this fabulous hotel. This is my third visit in 14 months. Last year I took my daughter who had been diagnosed with a serious illness and was on a very strict diet. On our first day the Maitre d' hotel found us and explained that he had informed all the restaurants of the diet restrictions and that my daughter could speak to the chef at any time and order anything she fancied for dinner each night. The pastry chef also met her at dinner to explain which puddings she could eat. Fabulous service! This allowed us to enjoy a carefree holiday. This year I took my son and his young family and again we were so well looked after. The hotel was very busy as it was half-term but the service was still very good, and children well catered for in the family restaurant with face painting and films after dinner. The breakfast buffet is the best I have ever experienced.
The staff make this hotel. Without exception they are smiling, courteous and nothing is too much trouble. The dining room service is excellent, especially Nicos who goes out of his way to make you feel special and never forgets a face, welcoming return guests like old friends! Poolside staff rush to help you position sunbeds, parasols and put your towels out for you. There is never a shortage of sunbeds. Ice cold flannels are offered around midday to help you cool down, a real treat.
The whole hotel is immaculately clean, inside and out and architecturally very beautiful. Managers are constantly walking round keeping everything running smoothly and are very pleasant to talk to.
A special thank you to Demitris, Maitre d'hotel, for his personal touch, he is indeed excellent at his job and a real friend. I hope to visit again in the not too distant future.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Pam H
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Wonderful stay in a beautiful hotel, we could not fault the staff who couldn't do enough for you , I got a lovely cake sent to our room for my birthday , wifi not the best but not that important, pool was lovely , food was lovely , glass of fizz for breakfast was a great touch , evening buffet had something for everyone.5/5 for everything except.... Kids !! , we thought that the place would be quieter once the half term was over but no , a few kids running around the food touching and putting back but I put that down to bad parenting. Overall we had a lovely holiday .

Room tip: Sea view is a must .
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2015

Just back from a very relaxing 11-day stay at the Elysium. Stand-out hotel with a quiet location just next to the 'Tombs of the Kings' and at the end of a boardwalk that extends through the harbour, a 20 minute pleasant walk. Blessed with the absence of loud bars & restaurants in the immediate vicinity. On-site entertainment is available nightly, but rather discreet. Large grounds overall, with ample space for pool/garden/beach sunbathing. All of this adds up to a general feeling of 'peace & quiet', exactly what we were looking for.
The level of service is generally excellent, with no effort spared to accommodate all reasonable wishes. Lots and lots of staff throughout ... sometimes a bit on the 'commercial side' , e.g. for selling drinks at the pool, but not annoying and always within limits. A bit more staff during the early breakfast hours would be an improvement, but this is a minor detail ... 08:30 onwards there's plenty of hands to help.
Nice rooms (we were in the main building), nothing extraordinary but spacious enough and all standard 5-star facilities available. Same for the bathroom. Maid service twice daily definitely appreciated !
Great food at the buffet restaurant, with plenty of veggies and great fish. Reasonable prices for local wines (superb red Agia Onoufrious !). We did not try any of the à la carte places but they appear alright.
Wonderful gym (although we would have appreciated an earlier opening time), with well maintained exercise machines and a very clean gym room.
Bar drinks very reasonably priced.
Overall, this place offered us a very nice time to relax, and we will definitely return on our next Cyprus visit

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_Jan95
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

The hotel was exceptional in all ways but one. This is the second occasion we have stayed at Elysium. The quality of the rooms, facilties and helpfulness of of the staff is exceptional. However I have one major gripe through, the WiFi Internet is appalling. If you are business person such as myself or you rely on a reliable Internet connection then you should reconsider booking at this hotel. Elysium offers free Internet which was virtually unusable for the duration of our 4 day stay. The paid WiFi option was expensive at over €10 per day but was slightly better than the free WiFi option in terms of speed but still very unreliable and slow. It's a shame we had to pay over €10 per day for a poor albeit useable WiFi connection for a hotel of this calibre. This was not an isolated issue, the WiFi experience was the same from various parts of the hotel using various devices. I hope they resolve this issue. Our first visit to Elysium a few years ago was similar in terms of the poor quality of the WiFi.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Xerxes Z
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

You can see why this hotel won their award. The service is amazing, the staff are so friendly and you food was delicious. I also think it's great you cannot put towels on your beds till 10. It creates a more relaxed environment and no stress, your on holiday and no idea to get up at 'stupid o clock' to get a sunbed. The waiters bring you drinks to your sun beds and you can charge to your room, you can can just relax. The spa was lovely and the massage was amazing, just wish I had booked a Thai massage as well sounded great, just ran out of time.

The only thing I would change is the teapots, it's so minor, but tea and coffee didn't stay warm for long enough. The only reason I am mentioning it, is in the hope that someone maybe looks into it. This meant we had to keep asking for a new one and I'm sure the waiters had others things to be getting on with. However, I loved the gentlemen who made the omelettes! So full of energy, so helpful and I loved the singing. The waiters at didn't suggested great wines, they were friendly and chatty. It was perfect!

The beach isn't the best I have been to, looks like volcanic sand, but sitting on the beach beds makes up for that. You can just relax and hear the sea crashing against the rocks.

Concierge and guests services were very helpful, suggested places to visit and amazing restaurants to visit, if you fancied eating out one night.

Overall, loved this hotel and would definitely visit again. Probably one of the best hotels I have stayed in in Cyprus and I have stayed in quite a few. The service is everything you could wish for.

X