“Wow wow wow”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I have eaten in a number of Indian Restaurants and this one is up there with the best of them. We visited whilst on a recent holiday as a change from eating in the hotel and we were not disappointed. From getting out of the taxi we were welcomed by the staff and shown to our table. All the staff were very friendly and attentive. There was a special offer on drought Cobra so we couldn’t go wrong. The food was all very well cooked and presented but as with any Indian we couldn’t manage it all. Overall an excellent evening. If you are in the area and like Indian food you must give this place a visit.

4  Thank RichardN592
linda jayne z, Manager at Poppadums Tandoori, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hello RichardN592,
Thank you for writing such a lovely positive review.
Myself and all the team in Poppadums do our very best to ensure that you enjoy every aspect of your evening with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon
Kind regards Linda

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here for our last night in Cyprus. Service was excellent and couldn’t fault the food. Thank you for a brilliant night!

4  Thank Sophie P

Hello Sophie P,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Kind regards Linda

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We have known of this restaurant for a few years now but have avoided it and concentrated on the more taverna type places because I can have an excellent asian meal in Nottingham any day of the week. However sometimes you fancy a bit of something different and I am glad that we had a change. The papadums and dips were what we expected but beware the fresh home made chilli sauce which they serve in place of lime pickle, it is very hot so only a small amount is needed possibly with a litle yoghurt to dim it down a little. The waiter did tell us what to expect and I am glad that he did. I did not expect my chicken puree starter to be wuite so hot though and even though it was very nice perhaps a litle less heat would have been nice. In all the dishes that we had and the naan was very fluffy and soft. The wine was good and we had a very nice evening outside in the cool of the evening.

3  Thank DannydNottingham
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Poppadoms today to order a takeaway, I was told by a waitress to take a seat and they would be with me shortly. 20 minutes later I was told someone would be with me shortly. A further 20 minutes later and I was told by another waitress “sorry no one told me you were here”. At this point I’d been waiting 40 minutes along with my wife and 6 month old. I asked how long the food would be from ordering and told another 30 minutes. Meaning I would’ve been waiting 70 minutes for a takeaway! Both waitresses were very rude considering despite me asking several times I was waiting nearly an hour to order. Left without ordering and went elsewhere, a shame as we had planned to take a table of 13 next week. Disappointing especially as service in local restaurants is of such a high standard.

Dear TripAdvisor member,
I am very sorry that you left Poppadums so disappointed and that you will never return.
I am quite saddened by this because as you were very aware, that the evening which you mention we were extremely busy.
However this does not excuse our service but I am very sure that you did not wait 40 minutes as you state and if it were myself I would definitely have looked for the manager at that time to make a complaint if you had already spoken to 2 members of staff and were apparently left for such a long period of time without placing your order.
Also you were not told later that your take away would take 30 minutes,In actual fact you asked if it could be made in 20 minutes and were told that it was unlikely.
As for the waitresses in question apparently being rude then I must apologise for them but it is totally out of character as they are extremely polite young ladies as you will be able to see by our previous reviews.
Lastly I think to rate 1 star when you have not even dined in our restaurant is very unfair and had you not waited so long without making yourself known to the owner you would I am sure have rated us highly.
I hope that you,your family and 13 guests that you mention who would have dined with us the following week enjoyed your evening elsewhere.
Kind Regards Linda

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Been using this restaurant since it opened. Still the best service and food. Highly recommend. We always have a car so bit far but I think a bus does go there

3  Thank Lynne A

Hello Lynne A,
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review and I am so pleased that you are still supporting us after all these years.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Kind Regards Linda