Crown Inn Hotel(Nicosia)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$176
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

US$108
US$278
  • Pool
US$293
US$242
All reviewsnice hotelfree wifibusiness purposescity centretidycerealrenovationgym
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Very clean
Free internet
Room is basic with small TV and only free channels
heating is a bit noisy
Breakfast is basic to poor, very “tourist low cost oriented” with supposed some choices but was bot happy with the quality

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2018

This has been my favourite hotel since a few years but this time it was a disaster. The hotel is as good as it always is, clean, tidy, service at reception and by the manager most professional, breakfast very generous but a) side reading bed lights are both on, so if one wants to sleep do what I did, unscrew the bulb. Asked reception to fix it but nothing happened, both reading lights are on b) a leaflet in the room welcomes you and offers 20% discount on any food etc. However when we had a snack and drink at the Plaza cafe, they said to our great suprise that this is not valid !!! c) worst of all, on Fridays and Saturdays though this is an inhabited area just before midnight several huge motorcycles apparently without any silencers challenge each other at highest possible speeds and the noise is beyond any description. You feel as if 50 tanks are speeding around the hotel. Called reception at 02.00 hours he said there is nothing to be done. Called police at 03.20 (after midnight) he said a patrol car would be in the area. Half an hour later the same situation the tank battle with disturbing sounds that one could hear miles away continued all through the night till morning . It is surprising that others have commented on this yet the police obviously couldn't care less. On Saturday night we bought some ear plugs, but this was a terrific night worse than the previous one. Just horrible .. Lastly, when we arrived there were no bath towels in the room...The hotel is not responsible for the racing noise but they have the obligation to demand action by the police. As it is today, it is impossible to sleep and I am not exaggerating.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N S
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Rather basic in terms of the room, clean although the bed is rock hard and there was no bottled water in the room. No coffee or tea provided. The double glazing does not mask the noise of the main road enough.
The bathroom whilst clean needs a modern refurb.
Lift in the hotel is slow and 'cosy'. Desk staff were helpful enough and there is a pub/bar next door which served OK American style food in the evening although with music and football if you fancy.
Doubt I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I'm very dissapointed with the reception service. I asked for a room on the back side, and receptionist said I have no luck, there was no free one. I asked him just because the street is so noisy in the night caused by street car and motorcycle racing. Receptionist told me that it is rarely, and to keep the windows closed. It was noisy again and too hot in the room, and rarely - every night. Rooms are too small, and average clean. Under our window were big garbage containers, so very bad smell came to our room. We booked a tripple room and got 2 beds and roll away bed. On my complain, receptionist answered that they don't have tripple room. Only wiht extra child bed. But on the invoice, surprising but expected, they have. They charged me full price for roll away bed as for normal one!!!!
First evening I asked the receptionist to call a cab for us 5, and I told him which company to call. First he didn't understand that we needed the cab at 7 p.m. He ordered for next day at 7 a.m. Then he refused to call Taxi cab (the best one) telling me that they have theirs. After 20-25 min cab came but normal car for 4 people. We all managed to sqeezed in a car. One problem solved. Than came the other one. The driver doesn't speeks english, only russian. The third problem was that he didn't knew which way to drive to asked address. I gave him my cell phone with google map, We were very happy when we reached our destination.
Breakfast is pretty good, but the coffee was awful. From the self-service coffee machine leaked hot light brown watter. I asked a waitress to fill a machine with coffee. Nobody from staff took care about any guests needs. There was no goodmorning, or even goodbye when we were leaving the hotel on our last day.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank suncana m
Reviewed 22 October 2017

The hotel is surrounded by night clubs and bars - loud music -
The busy street by the hotel you hear loud motorcycles driving by.
Bed mattress is extremely hard,
No coffee in the room, no water - worst property I stayed in Cyprus.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple