All reviews a bit off the beaten path air conditioning in the room city centre cafes and restaurants a bit tired minute walk business trip late at night basic hotel tea and coffee very helpful staff conference arab laptop euros university
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Arrived to find very helpful staff on reception at night, who offered me a drink which was great. Then problems started: No remote control in room, I was brought another but it didn't work. Tea/Coffee making facilities in room, but with the wrong plug and no adapter in room. Bathroom floor badly made, so I ended up flooding the bathroom when I had a shower.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Very bad service, A/C not working. not very clean... what else?
Empty room, with smelly blankets...
Bathroom like the ones in student dormitory.
Marks on the walls,
WiFi was not bad...!
No gym, tv smaller than my laptop.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
ALTIUS B, Guest Relations at Altius Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Guest,
I am very alarmed to see your comments above.We apologise and i would not comment and provide excusses.
I would be most gratefull if you could contact me by e-mail to rewiew your comments and take corrective action where necessary.
I will only comment about the airconditioning system which by Law at Hotels is a Central System.This does not allow a flexibility for heating and airconditioning to operate simultaneously.The change over from Heating to Airconditioning is a process that takes 48 hours.This has been actioned from Heating to Airconditioning. Unfortunately the weather and temperatures have been unstable the last 2 weeks and perhaps this affected your stay with us.Nevertheless i look forward to you kind response to our e mail and promise that we would be most responsive to your comments.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Would seriously suggest to anyone going to Nicosia to look elsewhere. Hugely overpriced. Very very basic, 8 tv channels, wifi very poor and dropping constantly, air con didn't work properly. Location was a 20 minute walk to central Nicosia but for the price you could stay in a nice 3-4 star in central NY, London, Paris.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank hmariehannah
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Average hotel, with a lot of booking mistakes. They made a horrible mistake with me and woke me up at 11 to tell me that I should leave because Id just book for 2 days. Later after a day we discovered a huge mistake done by the administration. Some rooms are not equipped by a fridge. Rooms are also noisy.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I stayed at Altius hotel for a single night during a business trip in Nicosia.
The hotel was booked by a travel agency at the price of 93 euros, including breakfast, plus 16 euros for a dinner.
The hotel was a descent lobby and my room was fair spacious.
My first bad impression was during the checkin. I gave to the polite receptionist my id card, she immediately found my reservation but though I was the only customer checking in, I was asked to wait for a while. This "while" took 10 minutes. Moreover, I was asked if I wanted to be offered some drink, I ordered some wated but it never came.
My room was spacious, the matress of good quality but the bathroom rather old. The towels were too hard and the cosmetics just basic. Moreover, though I was on the 6th floor, there was too noise from the street. It had a tv of 20'' on the wall, which is funny because you cannot have such a tiny tv 3 meters away from the head of the bed. Moreover the fridge was empty, not even any bottle of water inside. So, what was the meaning of the tea boiler?
At night I visited the restaurant. Though there were only 2 more customers there, I had to wait for about ten minutes for someone to show up and bring me the menu.
The menu had 3 salads, 3 pizzas, 3-4 meat plates and a few other dishes.
I ordered 1 salad, 1 pizza, 1 beer and a 1lt bottle of water. Despite my extra charge of 16 suros for the dinner, in the beginning the waiter informed me that I can only have a single choice, and all others are extra. Later on he asked someone what is included in half board and I was told that I have to pay for the drinks.
Remember, I was charged 16 euros for the dinner, my meals choices costed 12,5 euros (in the menu) but I had an extra charge of 5.5 euros for the drinks.
The quality of the salad was fair, but the pizza was one of those 6 pieces low quality frozen pizzas you can buy at the super market.
When checking out, I payed for the 5.5 euros for the drinks but when I asked for a receipt, I was told that I cannot get because my room was booked and payed by a travel agency. But It was me who payed the extra cost, how can they send this amount to the travel agency? The receptionist offered me to send me some receipt by e-mail but there was no meaning to spend so much time in the checkout for so simple issues, since I was in a hurry. It had already took me long since the receptionist was busy with some paperwork.
In conclusion, Altius is a hotel that has partly been renovated, the staff is polite but seems amateur, its processes need reengineering and the restaurant is very bad. If it costed about 50 euros it would me fair.
I hope that the hotel management will consider my critisism.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business