“Excellent”
Review of Avli Tou Vasilea

Avli Tou Vasilea
Ranked #27 of 1,166 Restaurants in Limassol
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Description: A beautiful listed old house in the historic Ayiou Andreou Street adjacent to the Columbia Plaza is the setting of this exceptional taverna. With a charming courtyard full of colour and scented with fresh herbs such as mint, sage, basil, oregano and rosemary, the garden setting is perfect for enjoying exquisite Greek cuisine under the stars. Enjoy the popular Meze with its traditional dishes or choose from our A La Carte menu for an authentic dinner experience reminiscent of Greece and the Islands. With helpful and friendly local staff and a wine list made up of Cypriot and Greek producers, your experience at Avli Tou Vasilea will be unforgettable.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Best meze in Limassol , the staff is very polite ready to explain every little detail of the menu . The food was excellent as well and meze for 2 is more than enough.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have to say that this is not my personal experience but my son's I am writing about. To have fun and enjoy his 18th birthday with a bunch of 20 of his best friends on a cold Friday night of February, he chose 'Avli tou Vasilea', after my suggestion and reservation I made myself. As all young people of his age, he told me they have really enjoyed a selection of dips, all grilled meats and especially mousakkas with mostly Ezousa syrah red wine and white wine and beers.
He found the restaurant appealing and the staff very attentive, polite and friendly and all his friends enjoyed the entertaining music program.
As always, I wouldn't expect something less from their service.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived on a Saturday night in Limassol with a toddler and no dinner reservations. It was raining and we had a hungry kid! After trying several restaurants, this one said they had room for us. They brought us a high chair and we settled in quickly. We tried the Meze and it had a LOT of food! Everything I tried, I enjoyed. By the time the last round of dishes came I could barely look at it. Our daughter had a great time with the live music and doting waiters. We’d definitely consider coming back again this trip!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

What an absolutely fantastic birthday I had at Avli tou Vasiliou. The staff were attentive--they even helped put up birthday decorations. The food was superb - tasty, hot and just super delicious. The music just made the day perfect for me. We were a mixture of nationalities and everyone had a good time. The cost was very reasonable as it included wine, beer and soft drinks. Highly recommended - you will not regret visiting this old limassol town house but with a modern spin on a Cyprus Meze.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

Food was superb, especially the grilled meats. Also great selection of Greek wines, included hard to find Santorini reds.

Overall excellent dinner, great atmosphere!

Date of visit: December 2018