All reviews side sea view perfect base budget hotel modern clean hotel family room with sea view a large free car park cheap buses seafront location bed and breakfast option mercury holidays direct access to the sea sized room ocean basket stayed on a b b basis superb breakfast excellent star hotel towels and bedding
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Had a great time,staff were brilliant hotel location 20min bus drive into town,3 euros return great value.bus stop right outside hotel.Although we were right on the beach feral cats use it as a toilet,5 minutes walk and the beach is fine.My room had a side few of the sea,it was very noisy at times and they really need to sort out the noise from toilets and showers being used,recommendation is wash the top cover on bed more as it did have an odour which was not too pleasant also use pillow protectors there is nothing worse than yellow stained pillows.All bedding,towels were spotless and the cleaners were excellent.My room was 110 my friend was 109,if i go back would defientley choose 5th floor 501 balcony was a suntrap.This hotel is lovely and well worth the 3 stars.

Room Tip: above 3rd floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Did lot of research before booking this hotel so following points should be helpful to others.
Good points
excellent location right on the beach with nice pool and lounge area, bus stop and bars close by, hotel itself modern & clean, staff pleasant esp cleaning lady rooms were cleaned daily good quality of fresh clean towels. We had hire car so free car park was welcome as everywhere parking is a problem and expensive.
Bad points
We paid extra for sea views expecting to have one of the rooms on the front facing the sea be aware that the rooms you see right on the front are all large family rooms/suites only, you will be given a side room facing the sea we had room 219 on the 2nd floor which was mostly obscure by the trees our room was dark it could benefit with another window, tip higher up you go the better.
Harmony bay hotel has 2 serious safety issues firstly the lights on the stairs do not come on automatically when it's dark I had to use my mobile phone light to guide me after my partner missed a step when I mentioned this to receptionist I was told there are light switches, these are barely visible with no signage on them all very odd as other hotels stair lighting comes on with them sensors. Secondly the glass balconies don't seem very secure and quite flimsy only held by two small screws one either side I'd be worried if I had small children in case they rang into it while playing.
We stayed on bed and breakfast basis they offered optional buffet eve meal at €10.50-€13.50 per night, We tried this but don't bother your better off eating out, happy jacks up the Rd much better.
Breakfast was buffet style which is good as you can choose what you want but biggest problem no matter what time you choose to eat is it's always cold time you sit down we sent ours to kitchen couple times to have it warmed up in microwave, if they had couple microwaves by the toaster this would be a big help.
No tea or coffee in rooms we took our own and so glad we did.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gazblackpooluk
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I was able to book 3 weeks for the price of two with Mercury Holidays - including flight. The hotel is a three star hotel, right on the sea front. The whole hotel was very clean and the room was cleaned daily and laundry every three days. Wifi is available for phone and computers and staff are exceedingly helpful. There is a wide choice of meals and menus with a good standard of cooking. Depending on the time you chose to go for a meal, some items were beginning to go cool. There is a pleasant open air pool, sunbeds, tables and pool-side bar and television showing pop music or premier football matches,
The hotel is right in the middle of the tourist area of Limassol, convenient for the beach and most pleasant beachside parkland walks. Local buses run from outside the hotel into the centre of Limassol, while locally there is a huge choice of bars and restaurants. Gift shops abound as do money changers with banks and cash machines all readily available. Also close at hand are a wealth of archaeological sites with plenty of interest.
This hotel is to be highly recommended for comfort, cleanliness and accessibility. it is value for money and well staffed.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a restricted sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank RobertWRadbourne
James111111, Front Office Manager at Harmony Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon!

Harmony Bay Team

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Stayed here last two weeks in September - so disappointed as we had stayed at this hotel when it was Crusader Beach for over 20 years. We were the only English couple staying everyone else was Russian (had I known this beforehand would NOT have booked) so English language was extremely limited. It was nothing unusual for staff to ignore us when at the bar. We were bed & breakfast. Breakfast was disgusting - ok if you want eggs, bacon & cucumber. Even the Cyplon rep. said he had tried the food & went to a local restaurant _ advised we would be better off to do this too.. Rooms were clinical, plastic flooring put down so you could hear everyone walking or in some cases jumping about. Cleaning standards very poor - we had same bath towels & sheets for 3 days without being changed. Sink & shelving uncleaned. Very sad all of this as it was our final trip to Cyprus. & cost us £2,500 !!

Room Tip: Have to take pot-luck on a good room, if they have any
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Please provide more information in your review so we can address the problem properly.

Harmony Bay Team

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Having just checked in upon arrival to our room, 412, on opening the door, a big cockroach ran across the floor in front of me. I quickly shut the door and went to reception and advised that I wasn't prepared to stay in the room and requested another room for the duration of our stay. Another room was granted, a bigger room and after a meticulous check, the room was accepted. Even though I was cautious throughout our week's stay.

The room was modern, spacious and cleaned daily although there was a lot of dust under the beds. There were also a few small holes in the curtains. Towels and linen were replaced daily if so needed.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and I'm glad we weren't all inclusive as the food wasn't that appetising or appealing. The selection was limited and the same on a daily basis.

The pool area was absolutely fine. Plenty of sun beds and spotlessly clean.

We ate in the bar area one evening and had lunch on another occasion. The food was excellent and not over priced. I would highly recommend eating here.

The staff were friendly although the reception staff were of the older generation and sometimes a little reserved.

A majority of the guests were Russian although there were a few other nationalities.

On summing up, after our initial quarm with the cockroach, I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again when next in Cyprus.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family