All reviews side sea view perfect base modern clean hotel breakfast tasty family room with sea view a large free car park cheap buses direct access to the sea bed and breakfast option seafront location nice pool area mercury holidays nice reception dining room staff ocean basket stayed on a b b basis excellent star hotel
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Stayed here last two weeks in September - so disappointed as we had stayed at this hotel when it was Crusader Beach for over 20 years. We were the only English couple staying everyone else was Russian (had I known this beforehand would NOT have booked) so English language was extremely limited. It was nothing unusual for staff to ignore us when at the bar. We were bed & breakfast. Breakfast was disgusting - ok if you want eggs, bacon & cucumber. Even the Cyplon rep. said he had tried the food & went to a local restaurant _ advised we would be better off to do this too.. Rooms were clinical, plastic flooring put down so you could hear everyone walking or in some cases jumping about. Cleaning standards very poor - we had same bath towels & sheets for 3 days without being changed. Sink & shelving uncleaned. Very sad all of this as it was our final trip to Cyprus. & cost us £2,500 !!

Room Tip: Have to take pot-luck on a good room, if they have any
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
James111111, Front Office Manager at Harmony Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Please provide more information in your review so we can address the problem properly.

Harmony Bay Team

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Having just checked in upon arrival to our room, 412, on opening the door, a big cockroach ran across the floor in front of me. I quickly shut the door and went to reception and advised that I wasn't prepared to stay in the room and requested another room for the duration of our stay. Another room was granted, a bigger room and after a meticulous check, the room was accepted. Even though I was cautious throughout our week's stay.

The room was modern, spacious and cleaned daily although there was a lot of dust under the beds. There were also a few small holes in the curtains. Towels and linen were replaced daily if so needed.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and I'm glad we weren't all inclusive as the food wasn't that appetising or appealing. The selection was limited and the same on a daily basis.

The pool area was absolutely fine. Plenty of sun beds and spotlessly clean.

We ate in the bar area one evening and had lunch on another occasion. The food was excellent and not over priced. I would highly recommend eating here.

The staff were friendly although the reception staff were of the older generation and sometimes a little reserved.

A majority of the guests were Russian although there were a few other nationalities.

On summing up, after our initial quarm with the cockroach, I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again when next in Cyprus.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Turkishqueen19
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and it was a positive experience. The room was large, it was clean and comfortable. We were lucky to have a nice balcony looking over the sea.

We had the bed and breakfast option. The breakfast was fine as a way to start the day but nothing to be excited about. We saw people having the all inclusive meals later in the day and that didn’t look like our thing. There are many excellent restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed them. I can understand that the all inclusive deal could be good if you are travelling on a specific budget.

For me, to stay there a week or two would be too long but for a couple of nights it was exactly what we were looking for.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017

If you want cheap and cheerful then this is the place to go (but not worth what they charge)...Firstly I cannot fault this hotel for cleanliness..All areas are immaculately clean, but that is the only real positive for me.

So on my first morning, I found a hair in the sliced cucumbers at breakfast (which was average at best) and when I alerted reception all they said was you should have told the restaurant staff and then I was swiftly dismissed...I didn't use the dining room after that until a few days before the end when all I was able to eat really was bread and honey or a roll with some bacon in...There is a selection of cereals that I'm sure are ok but as for the cold and hot buffet selection, very poor...The hot food was barely warm and the cold meats and cheese where either over salty or bland....

The staff generally appeared helpful though and the food at the pool bar was ok but a little overpriced (9 euros for a pork souvlaki when you could get it for much less in most places......

Location of the hotel was fine with lots of restaurants around and right on the coast offering free sunbeds by the sea but this is not on a sandy beach which again is not far. The hotel does offer a swimming pool style ladder to enable you to swim in the sea which was great.

My only other issue was that I tried to organise keeping my room longer on the last day a few days in advance to be told that I would have to ask on the morning of departure. When I asked on the morning of departure, I was told that it was not possible as my room had been allocated to a party who wanted 2 rooms together, now the hotel has well over 120 rooms and your telling me that it had to use my room to do this??? As a result I had to be out of my room by midday and my taxi didn't pick me up until 22.00 which made it a very very long day and I even asked if there was nothing they could do to help and that I was wiling to pay but still nothing,

All in all I personally would not stay there again, however it was average at best and very clean. So if you just want somewhere clean to crash then great, If you want somewhere above average with a few extras to make your stay special then pay a little more and go somewhere else........

Room Tip: Ask for a high sea facing room, If you are going to stay here.....
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheekychiddy
Reviewed 19 October 2017

An excellent 3 star hotel. It had everything we wanted.(We took our own portable kettle and coffee as we learned from here that there was none in the room). Room was simple but modern and clean. Great sea views. Friendly and helpful staff - a shout out in particular to Mrs Koulla who was incredibly hard-working and always happy and smiling at breakfast! We just had breakfast as we wanted to eat in some of the good restaurants nearby. The best thing for me was being able to swim in the sea directly from the steps of the rocky beach of the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for sea view or you will be looking at a wall.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
James111111, Front Office Manager at Harmony Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear guest,
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at our hotel.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Harmony Bay.
Best regards