“Very good place!”
Review of Columbia Beach

Columbia Beach
Ranked #19 of 1,166 Restaurants in Limassol
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Description: A beachside paradise with unmatchable International food, superb cocktails, background music from upbeat to lounge and shisha available throughout the day.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Waiting staff is very kindly, shisha is very very good ( oreo shisha ). If you go here, try some fruits plates and local wine. I think it s the best place in limanssol.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank G7391YVtinar

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

Such an amazing experience, to have delicious food and in an a fantastic cozy place. Which has a pool and on the beach. Tremendously fabulous.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank fadee-ajjam
Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

We visited the restaurant with family friends from out of town. We wanted a location that would impress, a feel good space to relax, talk and eat good food and the service to match. We largely got what we expected with the exception of very poor management response when regular service went bad.

One of the waiters accidentally spilled a pint of beer on myself and my friend sitting next to me while serving. Our clothes, shoes, socks and seat covers were soaked in beer (a pint goes a long way!). There was little we could do about it as changing wasn’t an option, especially for my friend who had come from out of town for a relaxing lunch and was due back later that afternoon. Instead we settled for just drying it off ... badly ... with paper towels in the toilets while the waiters cleaned up the space and changed seat covers. The response with regards to cleaning up the mess was instant and we were quickly back in our seats having our lunch. We very politely acknowledged the waitresses apologies for the mishap. Accidents happen and we got unlucky. I am not the type of customer to make a scene about things like this and I didn’t. What I did expect however, was an appropriate response from management which unfortunately did not come and which, was the source of my deep disappointment!

Other than the waitress responsible for the mishap, we were not approached by anyone from the restaurant’s management team to offer their apologies and to ask whether there was anything they could do to make amends. Service resumed as though nothing had happened. I did not lose hope and expected to see a number of deductions from the bill as an indication of how seriously the restaurant took these types of things. When the bill arrived, we noticed that two pints of beer were not included. I thought that this was something but I expected much, much more. I have been to restaurants where a drop of red wine on a customers white shirt prompted the manager to apologize personally and insist that the shirt was brought to the restaurant the following day in order for them to arrange for the dry cleaning. That’s a response worth talking and writing about. Not charging two pints of beer, one of which we ended up wearing, did not even get close. If I was the manager, I would, as a minimum, have offered complementary coffee and deserts to the whole table for example, in addition to deducting the beers, and/or complementary ice cream for the four children at the table. It costs next to nothing to the business and works miracles on even the most difficult of customers.

Unfortunately that was not the end of it. While paying by card we made the point of telling the waiter processing the payment that we did not wish to leave any tips for the reasons outlined. Five minutes later, a different waiter approached our table to explain that there had been a mistake with the bill and that they had forgotten to include two pints of beer !!!! Shocked at this, we politely responded that we considered that that was actually an intentional gesture by way of apology for the fact that two of us were actually wearing one of the pints on our clothes and still drying it off. The staff member walked away without responding.

And throughout all of this, not a single apology from the restaurant manager for our unfortunate experience.

Accidents happen and will always happen. The trick to keeping your customers talking you up and coming back regardless of things like this, is to respond in the right way. Customers should not be asking for apologetic gestures or concessions. If they feel that they do, then that’s a failure of the service.

Very disappointed to be at the receiving end of this ...

Date of visit: January 2019
4  Thank padreamore
Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

The restaurant of Columbia beach is very good, with a great atmosphere and tasty food. Loved the chocolate mousse dessert and the fetta starter. It is a little bit pricey compared to the portions of the mains, but all in all, it is a great experience and I would recommend it.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 19 January 2019

Very nice place during summer times, exactly on the beach... Too many people, a little
noisy and somewhat expensive prices.

Date of visit: September 2018