“The Hotel Has Been Totally Renovated--Ignore Bad Comments”

Boronia Hotel Apartments
Ranked #20 of 30 Larnaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I felt just terrible when I saw all of these bad comments about the hotel because I thought I could not have had the only nice room and the only nice experience here! Then, I saw the dates of the reviews and saw they were from at least a year or more ago. My room was absolutely spotless with new amenities, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the cleaning lady definitely did her job. I was completely happy staying here for 3 days. The hotel restaurant was really good and I ate there every night. It was also a very good price for the amount of food.

I had booked another hotel down the street and it was a total hell hole--Vergi City-- and so I was walking down the street looking for anywhere else to stay. I asked at a sea-front resort. He said he was totally booked, but that the Boronia hotel was quite nice. Because this man's resort had Trip Advisor Excellence certificates left and right, I figured he must know what he's saying, and I do believe he led me to the perfect place.

I was expecting just a regular room and had no idea it was an apartment with sitting room and kitchen. I believe all the balconies face the sea, but you need to be on the second floor or higher to see it.

Just look at the photos I posted and give it a try. The owner and the mini market man, the waitress were all absolutely as nice as they could be, and I'm not even a very friendly person.
The only thing I felt that could have been better was that the pool should have been skimmed every day and the internet only works well on the balcony or restaurant area; not in the rooms.

Room Tip: No lifts, but worth the great view to be on 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 March 2015

We stayed here for 7 nights recently. We only paid £275 for 4 people.

I will admit, it is not designed to be a romantic getaway. We was here on work reasons hence the hotel was literally only 30 seconds from our work destination hence the overall convenience.

The hotel is dated and generally requires a makeover. The bathroom luckily was quite clean and tidy. We had a balcony and the cool sea breeze in the evening was certainly quite nice. The kitchenette area was quite good especially catering for 4 other guys.

I feel overall the hotel was ok. The owner was a straightforward individual and fairly laid back.

As i state again, it is not a romantic getaway - the hotel across the road is called The Princess and that is certainly ideal for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: The bedding is not great, therefore if your willing to tolerate it then its all good.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Aamar D
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Dirty, smelly and terrible hotel. The owner is like a chcickens as, and unpolite. "no no, this is not allowed!" is his common phrase. Sits in the bar all day and watches the guests like hawk. The only positive thing is the fantastic older english nightwatch, he is very polite and a wonderful man. Will never come back to this hole.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Apollo
8  Thank Sebben
Reviewed 9 August 2010

what can I say.. a terrible stinky little apartment that hasnt been redecorated since 1984. No reps available and nothing in the vacinity even remotely resembling entertainment. Why not lay in your own sweat each evening listening to the sound of bikes tearing up and down the main road. The aircon is an additional payment - what a cheek! Reduced the temp in the bedroom by 1 degree. I ended up paying for a better room across the road at the Princess so I didnt die in the 46 degree heat! Avoid this meserable hotel and this miserable island at all costs. Unless you like to enjoy the view of arid carparks, oil refineries and broken up pavements, ferral cats and subjugated women.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank halfwit007
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Rooms were filthy. Bedding disgusting and the kitchenette lathered with dirty grease. Cupboards smelt - would not take clothes out of case. No towel change all week. Cockroaches - sprayed - but the 11 dead ones stayed there all week. The cleaner - wel !!! Electrics dangerous with exposed wires - but only 2 out of the 5 lights worked anyway. No hot water at all so was impossible even to try and clean the place - let alone ourselves.
No lift.
Pool area was filthy with scum on pool and dangerous flagstones and a trip hazard - though manager did clean the area when we asked him to.
Location quite remote and whilst there were restaurants and bars - in general twice as expensive as Larnaca Town. My advice - give it a miss.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple