“Awesome food, great service”
Review of Star of Asia

Star of Asia
Ranked #19 of 885 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The food here is superb! Really good authentic flavors and a great atmosphere. The service is so good an genuine, I'd recommend this restaurant any day of the week.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Nice food, good quality and not that expensive, very nice family that welcomes you, i would go there again :)

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Disclaimer: I got to this restaurant on a tourist trip where one of the locals (which knows the owners for year) invited us to join them for dinner. This means that we might have got a slightly better treatment that an average visitor.

While the entrance of the restaurant isn't particularly charming (an old shopping mall), don't be fooled, as the inside is comfortable and cozy.

The owners, a senior couple are very friendly, and the service was relatively fast.

Regarding the entrées, I particularly liked the fried onions. For the main course I tried a couple of them (we shared meals) and everything I had was great. Only one of the dishes was a bit more spicy, but it was all within acceptable spicy levels for a westerner.

For drinking I had the house rose wine which wasn't the best I had, but I'm very picky about rose wines, so that was a pretty good wine.

Finally, as for the price, I can't really comment, as our local friends paid for the drinks. I believe it wasn't cheap, but was within the acceptable price range for Luxemburg.

The Good: all the food, but the fried garlic was great.
The Bad: nothing, really
The Ugly: too much rose wine?

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank sagostinho
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

So far (and I've tried many Indian restaurants in Luxembourg) it's the best Indian restaurant in Luxembourg. I go regularly there and I've never been disappointed. My favourite of all times is the chicken tikka massala because it has the right amount of spiciness. It's not much more expensive then any other Indian restaurant and you get very high quality food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We were in Lux for a business challenge looking for a place where eat and we found ‘star of Asia’ on tripadvisor: the excellent score reflect the quality of food, the kindness of the restaurateur and the good prices. Absolutely recommended!

Date of visit: April 2018